The simple pleasures of home shine brighter
when the spirit of God intertwines our hearts
with His gentle Joy.

Sunday, July 29, 2012

BEST Banana Nut Bread!

Even with the triple digit temperatures that continue to plague the Prairie. . .I made the BEST banana nut bread e v e r!!!



While living in Colorado Springs area, I taught at Widefield Recreation Center Pre~School! One of my students mothers shared her Grandmother's homemade Banana Nut Bread recipe with me...and it is truly the BEST banana nut bread e v e r!!!

Banana Nut Bread:

2 1/2 cups all~purpose flour
1 cup sugar
3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt

1 egg
3 tablespoons salad oil
3/4 cup milk
1 cup mashed ripe bananas

1 cup finely chopped nuts (pecans)





Directions:

Heat oven to 350 degrees.
Grease and flour 9" X 5" X 3" loaf pan or
two 8 1/2" X 4 1/2" X 2 1/2"  loaf pans.

Measure all the dry ingredients into a large bowl, set aside.

In a medium size bowl, peel and slice the bananas. 
Using a fork, mash the bananas.
Add the remainder of the wet ingredients.

With an electric mixer, beat on medium speed about 1 minute.
Fold in the finely chopped nuts.


One 8 1/2" X 4 1/2" X 2 1/2" pan @ 55 minutes!

Six muffins @ 25 minutes!


Pour into pan(s).
Bake 55 to 65 minutes or
until wooden pick inserted into center comes out clean.
Remove from pan;
cool thoroughly before slicing!




I chose to make one loaf of banana nut bread . . .
and six banana nut bread muffins!




The most difficult part of the recipe is waiting for the bread to cool before slicing!!!




A true vision of loveliness. . .
and this is a light, heavenly taste of sweetness
that surpasses any I've ever tried!!!




The triple digit temperatures on the Prairie 
may have gone to my head,
but, dear ones,
this banana nut bread has truly gone to my taste buds!!!


Until next time. . .

www.stonegable.blogspot.com
On Crooked Creek will be joining our sweet hostess, Yvonne @ StoneGable for On the Menu Monday! Be sure to visit for incredible menu ideas for your family's finest dining experience!!!

7 comments:

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Sounds fabulous and looks soooooooooo good. Hugs, Marty

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

Oh these looks wonderfully yummy!I love the idea of making muffins. Thanks for the kind shout-out!

Barbara F. said...

This looks and sounds wonderful. I am lingering over coffee and visiting blogs and a slice of that bread would be great right now. xo

Anonymous said...

Whenever I see Banana Bread I have to immediately check it out,I love any thing with banana's breads,muffins,cupcakes,cerealetc..the bread and the muffins look sooo good.

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

I can't think of anything I'd like better right now! Yum! I swear I can even smell it from here!

Pinky at Designs by Pinky said...

Oh my goodness, this sounds so delicious, pat! I love banana bread. It is wonderful tyo have a recipe you know is GOOOOOD!!! Thanks so much for sharing. Yes, we are worn out but tomorrow we may TAKE A DAY OFF and go to Longwood Gardens and RELAX in the beauty!!! XO, pinky

Patsy said...

Came over from OTMM to get this recipe. Ant's wait to try it! I am a new follower. Patsy