The simple pleasures of home shine brighter
when the spirit of God intertwines our hearts
with His gentle Joy.

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Spring Evolves On Crooked Creek. . .

Blossom~by~blossom Spring evolves On Crooked Creek. . .



This past week, I was on the hunt for a small natural element wreath. Earlier in the year, I purchased a twig wreath with a miniature bird's nest. Thinking at the time, it would work on my wreath stand come Spring. I found two twig wreaths at Michael's. . .but they were a bit more than I was willing to pay. Goodwill wreaths were affordable, but had seen better days. So~o~o~. . . I stopped in at a local Antique Shop~ Roadhouse Antiques where I found a soft pastel hued floral wreath. Not at all what I had envisioned; however the hues were perfect for the season.



Inspiration comes from a variety of sources. Sometimes, it comes from a change of decor, a make~over, a move to a new home, a remodeling, or as in this case. . .a change of Season.

Springs official arrival is still a few weeks away. Each morning this week, I've awakened to the chirping of bird's outside my windows. Dear ones, there is no better alarm clock than the joyful singing of bird's to these ears! Thus, the motivation for the change to the entry hall On Crooked Creek. . .our fine~feathered friends.





A Spring cloche displaying a nest is under the watchful eye of both gender of birds. Their characteristic expressions indicates a puzzling dilemma. The golden bird statutes atop walnut pedestals were a recent purchase at Memories of Home Winter Sale @ 50% off!




Angel of Miracles depicts how gently we are held during the difficult situations of life. This is one of my favorite Willow Tree collectibles. Notice how the shoulders are rounded to help cradle the fallen bird between the cupped hands. Ever so gently the angel holds the bird, as not to damage or cause pain in any form.







My newest Willow Tree collectible is titled Happiness! This figurine is an embodiment of pure joy with bluebirds perched on outstretched arms ~ it reads FREE to sing, laugh, dance. . .create.



Spring a time for new beginnings.
                                                                    A freshness of the air and soul!


Until next time. . .



I'm linking to A Spring Cloche Party with our gracious hostess Marty @ A Stroll Thru Life. Join in the festivities and come away inspired with a freshness of ideas for your own home decor.

20 comments:

Kelsie from Our Country Home and Studio Photography said...

Hey Pat,
Your spring displays are so lovely...I especially like the eggs under the cloche...Both your Angels are lovely, I am very parcel to willow figurines myself.

Thank you for sharing and making me smile.

Blessings Kelsie

Marigene said...

Cute vignette...I have seen and heard lots of birds chirping the last few days...can only mean spring is on it's way.
Stopped at Big Dollar today...bought a tablecloth, not at thrift prices either! No placemats that I liked, though.

Melanie said...

Awwww, spring! I so long for it. We are getting glimpses of it and I am ready for it! Just the other day Caden said "Mom, I hear birds chirping." He said that we hadn't really heard birds since we left Georgia. We lived in a house with a lot of trees in the yard. Birds were everywhere.

Happy almost spring,

Mel

Designs on 47th Street said...

I love seeing your sweet little vignettes. Nothing sweeter than eggs and nests under glass. Everything just looks so serene. Love the green.

Donna

Sarah @ Modern Country Style said...

Your Spring decorations are beautiful!! So....Springy!!

I love cloches. I keep meaning to get myself one and your post is the perfect spur I need!

Sarahx

Martha said...

Love your spring!!!! There is nothing like a cloche for putting something under!

bj said...

Oh, I love all your beautiful spring treasures. The little Willow Tree angel look so sweet under glass.:) Love your newest one. I have a few of them, too, and just love them.

Today is my mother's birthday and I awoke this morning missing her and have been on the verge of tears all day long. Not unhappy tears...just "I miss you, Mama" type tears. :) Tomorrow will be a more lighthearted day, I'm sure.
Thank you for all your sweet words and the hug. Made me feel better.:)
xoxo

Sarah @ Modern Country Style said...

Just had to return for another peek. Those eggs are such a perfect colour, aren't they?

Sarahx

Lou Cinda @ Tattered Hydrangeas said...

This is all gorgeous Pat! I Love that wreath and it is the perfect size!! And your nest cloche being "watched over" is beautiful!

Lou Cinda

Sue said...

What a sweet little angel under glass! I've never heard of Willow Tree collectibles before. And your nest is truly representative of spring. New life, new beginnings.... Nice to meet you- visiting from the cloche party.
~ Sue

xinex said...

Beautiful cloches, Pat, very inspirational too...Christine

Betty said...

I like what you have done with the cloches. The angel is so pretty.

Chari at Happy To Design said...

Hi Pat...

My dear, Spring is looking fabulous over at your place! Sooo many pretties! I sooo adore your new spring vignette with the cloche and birds nest! Just precious! Ohhh...your bird finials are sooo pretty too! Of course, you know how I love all sweet little birds! wink! Love, love, LOVE your precious "Miracle Angel" under the cloche...that is just sooo precious...the angel holding that sweet little bird! Your newest angel is beautiful too! This is the first time that I have seen this series of angels...they're adorable! Thank you for sharing them! Ohhh...and your new spring wreath...gorgeous! I love how it looks hanging from your pretty wreath hanger! I need to find one of those. Well dear friend, thank you so much for sharing your spring pretties with us today! I soo enjoyed it!!!

I just read your sweet note that you left over on my new spring vignette! My friend, you always say the sweetest things...you make my heart smile! You are such a dearheart! Thanks for coming by!

Happy spring wishes,
Chari @Happy To Design

Pam @ Our Adventures in Home Improvement said...

Everything that you posted is so pretty! I love the eggs in the nests and all of the cloches.

Thanks for sharing.

Pam

Olive said...

Lovely nest and I do enjoy the willow pieces.

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Your Spring cloches are so pretty - nice job.
Enjoy your weekend.

Rosanne said...

Beautiful spring cloches! Thanks for stopping by my blog too!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Pat, both are stunning. I love the nest and eggs, just gorgeous. Your angel is beautiful. What lovely vignettes. Thanks so much for joining the party. Hugs, Marty

Chubby Chieque said...

Spring is coming in your place so soon...

And your pretty vignettes give me a sign.

Happy day!

Greetings from Stockholm, Sweden.
/chie

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Pretty cloches and the figurines are
beautiful, a very nice collection. I like both vignetts, I love the eggs in the nests too. Thanks for sharing.
Hope you visit, I'll be delighted!
XO
FABBY