The simple pleasures of home shine brighter
when the spirit of God intertwines our hearts
with His gentle Joy.

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Gray Trayscape. . .

While waiting for "Mr. Ed" 
to install the new vintage wrought iron brackets
to the refurbished wall shelf in Studio One. . .
I created a gray tablescape!



In the fall of 2012,
"Mr. Ed" made a large quantity of wooden boxes
for our Bits 'n Pieces booth. Most of the boxes
were unfinished, except this one which he painted gray.



I absolutely fell in l o v e 
with its shabby chic personality!!!
I was elated when it didn't $ell!!!



Re~organizing a cabinet in Studio One,
I found these wooden drawer knobs. . .
and decided they would add needed elevation to the box.



Once painted, "Mr. Ed" attached the knobs 
with short screws to the bottom of the box.



On Crooked Creek,
in Studio One. . .a tray was born!!!



The monogram aqua linen tea towel
is the perfect accessory to transform this 
from box to tray with elegance!
Amazingly, the creamy ivory hand crocheted doily
is trimmed with the exact same hue!
Both were recent local purchases from
Roadhouse Antiques!!!



Every day On Crooked Creek
I enjoy afternoon tea. 
So~o~o. . .
having a tray for tea in Studio One is a splendid idea!



A $3.00 garage $ale find,
this tiny teapot is the perfect size for Tea for One. . .
or Tea for two, should "Mr. Ed" decide to join me.


* * * * * * * * * * * * * * Tip * * * * * * * * * * * * * *



To give the tea pot a greater presence in the tray,
I added a restaurant saucer. . .



 turned upside down for a riser!



Simply by elevating, the tea pot has a more stately appearance!
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * 



One of the sparsest sets of my growing collections,
I brought down two dessert / salad plates.



I adore the complimentary hues beginning in this trayscape!



At the present time, 
I have one bread and butter plate.



Two matching saucers are added to the stack.**


Sadly, dear ones. . .
two saucers, but alas, no tea cups!!!



What is one to do without a proper tea cup for tea?


A~ha!
Steal  Er~r, borrow one from the guest room tray!!!



A vintage proper English tea cup from my heirloom collection!



"Mr. Ed" prefers to have his tea in a coffee mug.
For now, the one cup will suffice.



 This intricate candelabra was purchased
while on vacation last Autumn for $5.00!!!


It appears to be silver,
but it is e x t r e m e l y heavy!



The delicate embroidery on the cocktail  napkins
mimics the shape in the hand crocheted doily.



Ah~h~h. . .
so~o~o romantic is this gray trayscape in Studio One!



A serene, tranquil space for an afternoon break
in Studio One,
whether it's Tea for One. . .or Tea for Two!




Until next time. . .

** FYI **
Dear Ones,
Blogging Ladies have the kindest hearts in the entire 
networking of our technological society!!!

You see, those precious Aqua and Creamy Ivory saucers 
have quite an interesting story that I'd love to share with you. . .
Indulge me, please? 

Only in the Land of Blog 
could something this miraculous happen!!!

January 11, 2011. . . I posted Haste Makes Waste about a mistake I had made in setting the table. 
Little did I know the turn of events this post
would take in the Land of Blog!!!

Many of you may know my dear Blogging Friend, Dotsie
and her Blog titled Podso. . .
she is the marveling reason I have two saucers!!!

Dotsie...through a friend, of a friend, of a friend's mother 
was gifted with one of the above saucers. Seems the friend
somehow, through a comment or a link stumbled upon my
Haste Makes Waste post and sent a saucer to Dotsie!

Dotsie, after going back through the comments, 
found two blog post that same week featuring my dishes.
She then e~mailed me for my address with the story
of the saucers complete entangling details 
and later mailed them to me here On Crooked Creek!

Thank you, dear Dotsie, for taking the time
to track down the blog and for sending me the 
Gold Crown saucers from Alliance, Ohio 
to enhance my collection!!! 
* *

. . . And, thank you, dear ones for indulging in my
explanation of why I have two saucers!!!
Oh,. . .and yes. . .I'm always on the hunt 
for more pieces to extend my collection of
both my Homer Laughlin and the Gold Crown sets!!! 


Homer Laughlin Turquoise Epicenter . . .

and . . . Gold Crown of Alliance, Ohio!

Wish me continued luck with the hunt!


In the meantime. . .




On Crooked Creek will be joining

Tablescape Thursday!



www.betweennapsontheporch.net




And . . .

www.stonegable.blogspot.com

Yvonne @ StoneGable for 
Tutorials Tips and Tidbits!

And . . .

www.astrollthrulife.blogspot.com

Marty @ A Stroll Thru Life for
Table Top Tuesday!


Be sure to visit each of these 
marvelous linky parties
for you’ll come away
filled with amazing inspirations
for use in your own home décor!

18 comments:

Shabby Brocante, Karen said...

Your tray vignette is gorgeous! I love those colors. That is so sweet they found you and sent you the saucers. For replacements, don't forget to check shopgoodwill.com. It's become my new obsession. There are 100s of new tableware items daily!! You might fin some pieces!! If I see some I'll let you know too!
Karen

Marigene said...

I like that tray...it makes a great base for your lovely vignette.

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

I just love the serendipity of finding that things match! Love your beautiful linens in this vignette. Isn't the internet just the best networking? I'm sure you will find more of your pattern. Happy Valentines my dear!

Pat@BPM said...

I love the colors of your tray vignette, Pat. It is gorgeous!

Pinky at Designs by Pinky said...

Hoe clever to make a tray from the box! I love it. The trayscape is excceptional!! I love the colors and the dishes are SO pretty. I hope you are able to find more to add to your collection! The candleabra is beautiful! How nice to take a tea break. You and Mr. Ed are a GREAT team!! XO, Pinky

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

That Mr. Ed is so handy, I hope he has a special Valentine Day! Such a pretty setting for tea.

Anonymous said...

Hi Pat! Oh, more beautifulness!
The tray is so cute and your hubby is so good. Those dishes! You don't really want them do you? :)
Be a sweetie,
Shelia :)

Entertaining Women said...

I too, was on the receiving end of a generous gift from a generous blogger. The kindness to be found in blogging world is overwhelming. No wonder we enjoy our time here. Your patterns are lovely, and the tray is very special. Thanks for inviting us for a peak. Cherry Kay

Anonymous said...

Dear Pat, thanks for popping in to see me and Happy Valentine's Day!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia :)

Donna Heber said...

Hi Pat,

Your gray tablescape is just fantastic! A great neutral color and I too love Homer Laughlin. Happy Valentine's Day to you.

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Oh, what a fabulous tray vignette! Everything is gorgeous, starting from the tray Mr. Ed made you..soo lucky!!! The dishes you found are stunning and the doily and linens are beautiful!! Lovely friend Doysy who sent you the saucers too, wow! Hope you're having a great VALENTINE'S with your sweetheart!
Love,
Fabby

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Thank you for your lovely comments, sweet and kind too! Big hugs,
FABBY

Lulu said...

A tray....how wonderfully tranquil and how special for it to be the backdrop for a sweet gift.

Elaine said...

I just love the way this came together! That dusty blue/gray shade is so soft and pretty. Love the shape of the teapot, too! Thank you for sharing the great saucer story--people never stop surprising me!

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

Great story Pat ~ you know I'll be keeping my eye out for you at the shop!
Love your trayscape too, especially love the candleabra!

Karen said...

Gorgeous vignette, the china and napkins and candelabra are beyond beautiful and together make a gorgeous setting. The tray is wonderful too.

Designing Domesticity said...

What a sweet little vignette on your DIY tray. Beautiful. Thanks for sharing, liz

Anonymous said...

I could not resist commenting. Very well written!


Here is my web-site ... next