The simple pleasures of home shine brighter
when the spirit of God intertwines our hearts
with His gentle Joy.

Sunday, August 19, 2012

Multiple Entries, One Hall!

Living in a 1970's Ranch Style home
definitely has its challenges On Crooked Creek!
Especially when trying to photograph the Entry Hall that has multiple entries, one  hallway!!!


Change occurs most often in the Entry Hall On Crooked Creek due to the frequency of the entries made in ~ and ~out of this area in a days time!

Looking from the entrance the entire 14' 10"  length X 4' width! #1) Front door or entrance
#2) Kitchen door
#3) Lower Level door
#4) Coat Closet door
#5) Open entrance to the Living Room (on the left)
#6) Open Entrance to the East Wing (on the right)
Multiple entries, one hall!!!




Bringing about a fresh change to the Entry Hall, I reversed the table topper putting the gold, shimmery side to the top as a backdrop to my Autumnal vignette!




After filling the lantern with a fragrant mulled cider pillar candle and rustic acorn and twiggy berry candle ring, I began working around the outer perimeter.  Once the sprigs of twigs and berries were in place, I wove a 2 1/2 inch golden satin ribbon throughout its entirety.




Next, I added "Mr. Ed's" favorite squirrel figurine to the vignette, creating a  touch of whimsy. Additional wooden acorns were strategically placed to enhance those already displayed.



A close up of the figurine that reminds "Mr. Ed" of his playful squirrel "Fred" that frequents our bird and squirrel feeder On Crooked Creek!



Always searching for unique art pieces, this oil painting on velvet is exquisite! The artist signature? Simply CA R O L. I adore the tone~on~tone, mahogany ~ green ~ mahogany, frame that accentuates the pineapple print!



A close ~up look of this completed Autumnal Entry Hall table top  vignette!




Since this Entry Hall is seen from every angle On Crooked Creek, I changed out the playful pair of birds that usually adorn the cedar Church birdhouse with another of "Mr. Ed's" squirrel figurines!




A few sprigs of golden leaves with some wooden miniature acorns completes this realistic Autumnal scene.




On Crooked Creek, this is the view of the Entry Hall from the Living Room!




The Front Entry view that greets our family, friends and guests!




Slide open the pocket door from the Kitchen for this Entry Hall view!




Climbing the stairs from the Lower Level Family Room gives you this view of On Crooked Creek's Entry Hall!



Multiple entries, one hallway,
gives multiple challenges to Seasonal decor for the Entry Hall
On Crooked Creek !


Until next time. . .



www.astrollthrulife.blogspot.com
On Crooked Creek will be joining our dear hostess, Marty @ A Stroll Thru Life for Table Top Tuesday! Inspiration for your own home decor abounds in table top vignettes...be sure to visit soon!

3 comments:

Judy Biggerstaff said...

Ok, now you have inspired me, I am ready to get out my fall decor. Yours looks great, you are ready!

FABBY'S LIVING said...

As soon as I get back home, I'm gonna start my fall decor, although I don't have such beautiful pieces as you!! The vignette looks gorgeous, I totally love the squirrels and pine cones, what great pieces they are! Yes, the pineapple artwork is beautiful, I love it too. Thanks for dropping by darling, you make my day. Have a blessed week.
FABBY

Sarah said...

Pat, I'm obviously behind on my visits, but I'm catching up this morning and enjoying all your fall changes. You are inspiring me to get busy here. Our temps have dropped this week, but it's likely only a tease. ;-)