The simple pleasures of home shine brighter
when the spirit of God intertwines our hearts
with His gentle Joy.

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Santa Came Early !

On Crooked Creek will be joining our hostess Susan @ Between Naps On The Porch for Metamorphosis Monday. Be sure to see all the inspiring make-over ideas compliments of our blog land ladies for your viewing pleasure!


On Crooked Creek is also joining Tam @ The Gypsy's Corner for my very first Three or More Tuesday. You must go view her first grandson . . .her early Christmas present! Congratulations, Grandma Tam!

Dear Ones, Santa Came Early On Crooked Creek this year! ! !


You see, I've been wanting new chairs in the Family Room for "Mr. Ed" and I since I purchased the oversize checkers and chess set for his Christmas a few years back. Some of you may have seen it in a past Pottery Barn catalog.


Long before our Annual Trout Fishing Trip in September, I began the logistics of this year's upcoming Christmas On Crooked Creek. Camera in hand, I photographed our Family Room. It seemed our Family Room had become a furniture cemetery. Even the odd pieces of furniture were lined up in a row . . .like tombstones.

THE BEFORE. . .





"Mr. Ed" and I began discussing a possible room re~arrangement. Usually agreeable, what I got from him was, "I'll move that furniture ONE time. . .so you'd better be sure where you want to put it!"

I use a computer on~line program from Better Homes and Gardens called Arrange~A~Room. A~M~A~Z~I~N~G! Let's you see on your computer screen what the final outcome will look like. I love using the mouse to swing that furniture into place! Saves your back and possibly your marriage!

https://secure.bhg.com/common/profile/regStep1.jsp?regSource=1049&returnURL=http://arrangearoom.bhg.com/arrangearoom/index.php




Once the main pieces of furniture were in place, I began eliminating all the excess pieces from garage sales and estate sales that weren't needed. We had so many furniture off casts that we held a TAG $ALE. I advertised on my Face Book page and on Craigslist. Fortunately we made enough from all the sales combined to pay cash for the new chairs!



YES! It's time for the Happy Dance On Crooked Creek! The Family Room is dressed in her finest apparel, the gifts are under the tree, the fireplace is glowing, our chldren are coming and we have been richly and abundantly blessed with His goodness.


. . . THE AFTER!


From all of us On Crooked Creek. . .

                                             . . . to all of you in blog land,

 Merry Christmas!

Until next time. . .
Post a Comment