The simple pleasures of home shine brighter
when the spirit of God intertwines our hearts
with His gentle Joy.

Saturday, March 3, 2012

Green Frenchy Farmhouse Style!

Preparing for St. Patrick's Day in an Irish / Italian household makes for interesting choices in home decor...to say the least! Add in "Mr. Ed's" English / Irish heritage and things can get pretty heated at times!



So~o~o. . .to cool things down a notch. . .On Crooked Creek, I chose a green Frenchy Farmhouse Style for the dining room hutch!



Having a limited collection of Majolica dishes On Crooked Creek, doesn't limit my usage of these uniquely intricate pieces for display. I adore them! Let's start with my adorable Classic Majolica Handpainted Stoneware Tea Set, shall we?




Due to the amount of blue in this Tea Set, I passed it up the first time I saw it. However; I couldn't stop thinking . . . I should have bought that darling Majolica Tea Set. Knowing it would be 4 ~ 6 weeks before I could return, I just knew it would already be sold. I dismissed it!



When I returned, nearly 2 months later, I had to search the store! Someone had place it behind a stack of Desert Rose dishes. But, I spotted the Tea Set. . .and home it came to my side of the Prairie!



Perfect size for a small salad or dessert are my Green Leaf Majolica plates by Suzanne Nicoll.  I adore how they fit nicely inside this primitive wooden box for display!





Finding these Majolica handled plates last year during a half  ~ off $ale made me want to do an Irish Jig! These are the perfect size for a sandwich and chips!



This detailing compliments both my Green Leaf Majolica and my Bordallo Pinheiro Majolica Cabbage plates!




This lidded asparagus jar is an Antique Mall find for only $1 during last year's Annual Trout Fishing Trip to Bennett Spring State Park in Lebanon, Missouri!



An heirloom vintage, green glass batter bowl holding faux lemons is truly the closest thing to Frenchy Farmhouse Style on the dining room hutch.



As evening approaches On Crooked Creek it's time to leave you, dear ones, once again.  I do hope you'll visit soon for the reveal of my Celtic Tablescape which features more of my Green Majolica Collection!


Until next time. . .

FYI:

During the month of March, I'm aspiring to connect each post On Crooked Creek with a Green theme. Keep in mind that the word green has multiple meanings. In this post the Green theme was reuse! Nothing new, just re~using decor I already had!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pat love the dishes! What a perfect set for St Patty's day! My dad was full blood Irish and we always celebrated with a boiled dinner and fun hats- then topped it off with Irish Soda bread. I haven't done that since he passed away 8 years ago. His last St Patty's day he even did an Irish Jig and I thankfully had my video recorder! Love watching it!

Martha said...

Oh, I do love your green. Did you get that tea set on my side of the prairie? If so, I looked at it as well --
and thought about it !!!!

You do such a good job with your hutch!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Pat I do love all of your beautiful pieces. They are gorgeous. I love the fabulous detail on all majolica and yours are stunning. Can't wait to see more. Hugs, Marty

labbie1 said...

Very pretty! Majolica is surely a pretty finish! I like the green glass batter bowl a lot! And I can't believe you only paid $1 for the asparagus jar! Wow~! Nice find...