The simple pleasures of home shine brighter
when the spirit of God intertwines our hearts
with His gentle Joy.

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Lower Level Living. . .

Seems as if we spend a great deal of time in the lower level living On Crooked Creek than in years past. Contributed in part, to the Studio where I spend many of my days creating and designing. "Mr.Ed", also, has various hobbies which he pursues on the lower level, as well. 

So~o~o. . .I've been doing a lot of photographing and tweaking of our living areas.

 BEFORE. . .
Christmas On Crooked Creek 2010!


Several close friends and I have chatted about a bug going around "our town".  .  . a "cleaning bug" to be more specific. At first thought, we all decided it was caused by the near 70 degree weather we were experiencing. Not a common factor on the prairie. Maybe it was the onset of Spring cleaning with our spring~like temperatures. Whatever caused "the bug", it sure has made a difference in the appearance of lower level living On Crooked Creek!

. . .AFTER!
The "Cleaning Bug" 2011!

Our son and daughter~in~law were a great help in assisting me to pull off a huge surprise for "Mr. Ed" this year for Christmas. We replaced his remote control color T.V. with a new flat screen T.V. Yes! I know everyone else has one. . .but dear hubby didn't. Now he does.





At first, we tried watching T.V. from the gentleman's dresser. I don't know if it was the tree or the hat box, but I always seemed to be distracted!




Double Dresser in Dining Room.




Double Dresser
Across from Couch.


That "cleaning bug" really took hold of me. . .and I moved the double dresser from the dining area and placed it across the room from the couch.



A Comforting Reading Chair.

The Lodge Tree that we usually kept out all year long . . . now has a new home under the staircase and will remain there until Christmas On Crooked Creek. In it's place is an upholstered rocking chair and pillow that belonged to my beloved mother.

In keeping with the decor of the lower level, I added a few Trout Fishing accessories. . .

Wooden Trout, Cattails and a set of Coasters.


A pair of Candlesticks!







Now when I take a break from the Studio. . .or "Mr.Ed" wants some weekend warrior sports viewing, the distractions are minimal.


I can't guarantee that "the cleaning bug" won't visit you. . .
                                                       but one thing I can be assured of. . .







On Crooked Creek. . .
                                      There are always distractions!

I'm joining hostess Susan @ Between Naps On the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday! Please stop by and visit all the inspiring and creative projects the ladies of blog land have been preparing for your viewing pleasure!


Until next time. . .
Post a Comment