The simple pleasures of home shine brighter
when the spirit of God intertwines our hearts
with His gentle Joy.

Monday, October 3, 2011

A Vacation Tablescape!

A runner, two place mats, two napkins ~
    and two napkin rings. . . A Vacation Tablescape!



Every Autumn "Mr. Ed" and I journey to Lebanon, Missouri for our Annual Trout Fishing Trip to Bennett Spring State Park.


While "Mr. Ed" is busily packing all his Trout Fishing gear ~ I'm just as busily packing all the food items and necessities for our week long stay.


Over the years, I've learned to pack a few "comforts of home". This year was no exception!


We rented the same Condo @ Larry's Cedar Resort. . .
photos from last years trip made my decision quite easy.
To accent the rectangular table, I chose ~ a runner!



The centerpiece ~ a basket filled with ivy ~ relocated from the master bedroom dresser fit nicely.




Muted shades of burgundy, gold, rose and sage green with a background of khaki makes a lovely softer side of  Autumn tablescape.


"Mr. Ed" and I chose to set across from one another at the width of the table. This way he could share his "fish tales" from the Spring; therefore, I brought  ~ two place mats!





I felt the stripe wasn't as complimentary with the stripes that encompass the Condo dinnerware. Instead, I opted for the floral side.





Flatware is ample ~ but not always matching. I found two complete sets. I chose the swirl pattern for "Mr. Ed's" place setting . . .for me. . .  the floral version. So shabby chic!




Two napkins and two napkin rings.

Our Condo is well supplied with:

Dinner plates . . .


salad / dessert plates. . .


cereal / soup bowls


all are Corelle and easily washed, dried and put away until the next meal!




The mugs are from Main Stay.


Darling swirled and ruffled clear glass bowls. . .


salt and pepper shakers. . .


and a vintage creamer complete this vacation tablescape!



A runner, two place mats, two napkins ~
   and two napkin rings. . . A Vacation Tablescape!


All the "comforts of home"  ~
                                                     away from home!



Until next time. . .






www.betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com
On Crooked Creek is joining our dear hostess Susan @ Between Naps On The Porch for Tablescape Thursday. The sneak peek I just previewed is all about Fall! Inspiration abounds. You won't want to miss!
Post a Comment