The simple pleasures of home shine brighter
when the spirit of God intertwines our hearts
with His gentle Joy.

Monday, November 28, 2011

Christmas Present. . .

Our Family Christmas Tradition is to alternate hosting the occasion with our son and daughter~in~law.

We hosted Christmas On Crooked Creek last year. So~o~o...with that being said, "Mr. Ed" and I are doing things a bit differently here for our Season's holiday decor.





It is Christmas in

the Heart

that puts

Christmas

in the air.

I adore this saying! On Crooked Creek, in keeping with a Traditional flair, has added many rustic elements into our Christmas decorating. The Traditional hues of reds and golds has changed somewhat, as well!




"The Resident Decorator" On Crooked Creek has graciously allowed the use of his p r i z e d deer sheds! I adore how this one encompasses the porcelain plague easeled for display.





This creamy ivory vase is a favorite On Crooked Creek! Through the years it has been simply used as a Traditional  arts 'de object. For this Season, and in keeping with our more rustic Christmas theme, I've filled it with pheasant feathers.




Rustic, simple, Traditional Christmas decor. . .On Crooked Creek.



http://www.astrollthrulife.blogspot.com/

On Crooked Creek is joining our gracious hostess, Marty @ A Stroll Thru Life for Table Top Tuesday. Marty has the most elegant vignettes in Blog Land. Be sure to visit and be inspired to create a lovely Table Top design for your own home!


Until next time. . .

8 comments:

Martha said...

Very nice tabletops -- love the antlers and the feathers!

Lou Cinda @ Tattered Hydrangeas said...

I love it Pat! I am a great fan of the deer antlers....love'em! And I love what you have done!

Lou Cinda

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

What a wonderfully rustic look. Love this.

Pinky at Designs by Pinky said...

Mr. Ed is a sweetie to give you the deer sheds to use, I LOVE them!!! I love your rustic decor, it looks so pretty! XO, Pinky

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

what a wonderful little saying.

Tablescapes By Diane said...

Hi lovely lady.
I also love the your Rustic look with the pheasant feathers and the deer sheds. My Hubby has a lot from the past years like 40 years from West Texas with the guys. Tell your Hubby he did good with this eight point Buck.You also did a Beautiful job putting this all together for the Holidays.
I hope you have a great week with your family.
XXOO Diane

PAINTORDIG.blogspot.com said...

Very pretty, I am going to use antlers this Christmas too-somewhere. I never thought I was an antler type of person but I am really liking all these I am seeing on the blogs.

Babs said...

Pat. Love it...very elegant with the antler and pheasant feathers.
Hugs,
Babs