The simple pleasures of home shine brighter
when the spirit of God intertwines our hearts
with His gentle Joy.

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Smitten!

Indeed...
I was Smitten!


This creamy ivory, vintage, lamp is at the center of my attention! Purchased after this past Christmas holiday, I couldn't resist it's quaint charm. However, the plastic white shade doesn't flatter it one bit.



Here's my attempt to make this stately lamp a bit more interesting. While it is a bit of an improvement over the white plastic shade, it still hasn't reached its full potential!




Destined to be cast off in the closet awaiting my next decorating challenge. . .this charming, creamy ivory, vintage, lamp waited ever so patiently! Until finally. . .



I was smitten!
While attending an Open House @ Memories of Home, I saw a similar shade designed by April and I was smitten! The next trip to Memories of Home. . .I took the lamp, the shade, and a bolt of fabric I have had for quite some time On Crooked Creek.



Isn't that the sweetest little ruffled shade you've ever seen???
April made the shade just for me! I adore this charming creamy ivory, vintage, lamp and have thoroughly enjoyed seeing it on the china cabinet On Crooked Creek since bringing it home!!!



It gives off the warmest, soft hues as our days are growing shorter and the darkness of evening arrives sooner with the onset of Daylight Savings Time !





Notice how the lampshade changes with a turn to the right or the left?


I was smitten. . .
Indeed!


Until next time. . .


http://www.betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com/

On Crooked Creek is joining our dear hostess Susan @ Between Naps On The Porch for Metamorphosis Monday! Be sure to visit and be inspired to make subtle ~to~dramatic changes in your own home!
Post a Comment