The simple pleasures of home shine brighter
when the spirit of God intertwines our hearts
with His gentle Joy.

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Smitten!

Indeed...
I was Smitten!


This creamy ivory, vintage, lamp is at the center of my attention! Purchased after this past Christmas holiday, I couldn't resist it's quaint charm. However, the plastic white shade doesn't flatter it one bit.



Here's my attempt to make this stately lamp a bit more interesting. While it is a bit of an improvement over the white plastic shade, it still hasn't reached its full potential!




Destined to be cast off in the closet awaiting my next decorating challenge. . .this charming, creamy ivory, vintage, lamp waited ever so patiently! Until finally. . .



I was smitten!
While attending an Open House @ Memories of Home, I saw a similar shade designed by April and I was smitten! The next trip to Memories of Home. . .I took the lamp, the shade, and a bolt of fabric I have had for quite some time On Crooked Creek.



Isn't that the sweetest little ruffled shade you've ever seen???
April made the shade just for me! I adore this charming creamy ivory, vintage, lamp and have thoroughly enjoyed seeing it on the china cabinet On Crooked Creek since bringing it home!!!



It gives off the warmest, soft hues as our days are growing shorter and the darkness of evening arrives sooner with the onset of Daylight Savings Time !





Notice how the lampshade changes with a turn to the right or the left?


I was smitten. . .
Indeed!


Until next time. . .


http://www.betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com/

On Crooked Creek is joining our dear hostess Susan @ Between Naps On The Porch for Metamorphosis Monday! Be sure to visit and be inspired to make subtle ~to~dramatic changes in your own home!

23 comments:

Babs said...

Pat, Your lampshade is darling and looks so pretty. Nice choice of material and the ruffle just "makes" it.
Hugs,
Babs

Anonymous said...

Precious! I love your lampshade and it's perfect for your little lamp!
Be a sweetie,
shelia ;)

Martha said...

It's perfect -- I can see why you were smitten!

Pinky at Designs by Pinky said...

Oh, it is so pretty, just perfect for your beautiful home. XO, Pinky

Pinky at Designs by Pinky said...

You are too funny!!! I LOVE that you had a tree up last year so early! I ALWAYS want to get Christmas up before Thanksgiving but we always host Thanksgiving! I do so much it would be alot easier to start NOW!!!! However we are also hosting a dinner party next weekend for our SIL's birthday! XO, Pinky

bj said...

See, your little lamp was patient and waited in the closet for this beautiful little shade...
Perfect..

Anonymous said...

Hi Pat and thank you for your kind words!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

laxsupermom said...

Love the ruffle! Such a fun girly touch! The fabric is gorgeous - great job! Thanks for sharing.

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Love it on your lamp, Pat! That ruffle is sweet!

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Such a pretty shade. Love that ruffle.

Elegant Economies said...

What a beauty of a shade...perfect for your lamp!
Thank you for stopping by my place. I liked the black and white shade too. New follower.
Audrey

Shabby chic Sandy said...

I am smitten too--love the lampshade! Great fabric and always love a ruffle

Pat@BPM said...

This beautiful shade is perfect for your lamp, Pat!

Atticmag said...

That's a very sweet little project and it looks great with the lamp base. That's always the thing. Jane

Elaine said...

A new life for a sweet little lamp! It turned out so pretty!

Toni said...

I love your ruffled lamp shade, so pretty. I have been looking through your blog and have enjoyed it very much, I am a new follower.

Geneva said...

I actually like both of your lamp shades, but that one with the ruffle does give out a nice warm glow! You did a wonderful job! Thank you for inspiring... I might try covering one of my lamp shades. ":o) Wish me luck!

abeachcottage said...

The long wait was worth it. The lampshade is really lovely!

Designs on 47th Street said...

Oh my goodness!! What a difference. Cutest lampshade I've seen in a long time. Great makeover Pat!

Donna

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

I would be smitten, too, Pat! Thanks so much for the vote for my pumpkins! Hope you are having a great week!...hugs...Debbie

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

Pat, Smitten is a good word! I am too! It is just perfect for that sweet little lamp. ADORABLE!
Yvonne

Kathy said...

The lampshade is beautiful - accents the lamp perfectly! Love your post, the quote from Eleanor Roosevelt and your blog!
Kathy

life just saying said...

I can definitely see why you would be smitten. What lovely lamp shades. I have a cute jug-type lamp that I need to gussy up with a cute shade...my teen sons broke the orginal one!!! Love the blog. New follower from Cedar Hill Ranch blog!