The simple pleasures of home shine brighter
when the spirit of God intertwines our hearts
with His gentle Joy.

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Halloween On Crooked Creek?

To say we DON'T DO Halloween wouldn't be truthful.
Our idea of Trick~Or~Treat is a bowl of candy plopped on the little stool by the door. Porch light on so you can see your way to the front door! Not much in the way of decorating, huh?





www.betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com
I'm joining our hostess, Susan at Between Naps On The Porch for Tablescape Thursday. Please be sure to stop by and see all the lovely tablescapes the ladies have decorated just for your viewing pleasure!


Several years ago, On Crooked Creek, my friend from my middle school para educator days gifted me with the cutest little pumpkin dessert plates. Our year to host Thanksgiving at our home, these little pumpkin plates were  perfect for enhancing our homemade pies!








After returning from our Annual Trout Fishing Trip this October, I set them on the table for salad plates. Turning my place mats over to the brighter orange floral side enhances the richness of the plate color.






I found a few treasures while we were vacationing and wanted to try them on the table. I couldn't leave this pumpkin and leaf creamer and sugar on the shelf at Tuesday Morning in Osage Beach. I purchased the caramel hued leaf candle from my favorite Lebanon store, Traditions!








I spotted this dip and spreader bowl at the Heartland Antique Mall in Lebanon, Missouri. "Mr. Ed" and I will enjoy our favorite Halloween evening snack (Candy Corn and Cashews) from this cute bowl!



Yes, Halloween isn't dark or scary On Crooked Creek. Our Halloween traditions consist of an individual helping of Crunchy, Munchy Chili . . .bowl of candy by the door. . .front porch light turned on. . . snack of Candy Corn and Cashews and reading or watching TV while we wait to see our neighborhood children in costume.

Stop in for a spell. . .
We'll leave the porch light lit just for you On Crooked Creek!

Until next time. . .

26 comments:

Red Couch Recipes said...

You set a very nice table at Crooked Street. I do love the pumpkin salad plates and the pumpkin server. Joni

Mary said...

Adorable pumpkin dessert plates! I'll have to try candy corn mixed with cashews :-)

Lynn said...

This is a beautiful and very inviting setting-love it!

Ribbonwood Cottage said...

Lovely table! Love your plates. It looks perfect.
blessings,
Debbie

podso said...

It all looks lovely! I'd love to sit down and have a meal with you!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Love your table! Such cute pumpkin plates. We don't even have candy on our porch, no trick or treaters in my neighborhood.

Marlis said...

I love your table. It's very lovely and so perfect for this time of year.

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

So darling -- love all pumpkins on your table.

Jenny at Henrietta's House said...

Hi Pat,

Love you table, especially those glass!

Be sure to stop by and sign up for my first ever giveaway!

Happy Halloween!

xinex said...

Those pumpkin plates are just so cute! Your whole tablescape is very pretty...Christine

Entertaining Women said...

This table is lovely. I really like how everything gently rises in rhythm to the hurricane centerpiece with the wonderful candle. You've exhibited and excellent eye for design today. Thank you for sharing your charming design. Cherry Kay

Pattie @ Olla-Podrida said...

I love those pumpkin dessert plates. Everything looks so pretty and colorful.

Donna said...

Very pretty and elegant table. I really like the colors.
D

Celly B said...

Very pretty table! The orange placemats are the perfect backdrop to those cute dessert plates. I also love the pumpkin creamer and sugar. Thanks for sharing.

Donna (Timeless Settings) said...

Your table is so pretty and elegant!

Donna

Sevenbeads said...

Candy Corn and Cashews ... that sounds yummy. Love the pumpkin plates. Great autumn colors on your table.

Anonymous said...

A beautiful Fall table, Pat!

Tricia said...

Pat, your table is so inviting! I can see why the leaf sugar and creamer had to come home with you -- too adorable! I like your version of a cozy Halloween table!

pammiejo said...

Been a long time since I've posted a "comment" on anyone's blog - so, here I am telling you what a great post this was. Your pics are super! I like yours stories of the dishes too!

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

Your table looks so pretty. Those salad plates are great, and I'm loving that pretty candle in the hurricane. laurie

Alycia Nichols said...

Your table is fab! I like your idea for the candy distribution. We only get about 4 or 5 callers these days since so many of the children go to planned activities at the malls. Hope you have a wonderful Halloween weekend!

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

This is a darling table. And your creamer and sugar bowl is adorable!!!! Your centerpiece is lovely!
Yvonne

bj said...

How pretty your table is..love the pumpkin dishes.
Yes, candy corn and cashews is hard to beat..sometimes we just add redskin peanuts, too. So tasty..

Barbara said...

What a pretty table! I just love those pumpkin plates.

Dreamgoddess said...

Very pretty! I love your pumpkin plates.

Anonymous said...

Hi Pat...love your table!

Thanks so much for stopping by. You are correct, I did buy the tablecloth at Traditions, when it was out on North 5. It is on Commercial now, I believe. Haven't been there in awhile will have to ask my friend, who lives in Lebanon. Loved that shop and always managed to find something neat.