The simple pleasures of home shine brighter
when the spirit of God intertwines our hearts
with His gentle Joy.

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Halloween On Crooked Creek?

To say we DON'T DO Halloween wouldn't be truthful.
Our idea of Trick~Or~Treat is a bowl of candy plopped on the little stool by the door. Porch light on so you can see your way to the front door! Not much in the way of decorating, huh?





www.betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com
I'm joining our hostess, Susan at Between Naps On The Porch for Tablescape Thursday. Please be sure to stop by and see all the lovely tablescapes the ladies have decorated just for your viewing pleasure!


Several years ago, On Crooked Creek, my friend from my middle school para educator days gifted me with the cutest little pumpkin dessert plates. Our year to host Thanksgiving at our home, these little pumpkin plates were  perfect for enhancing our homemade pies!








After returning from our Annual Trout Fishing Trip this October, I set them on the table for salad plates. Turning my place mats over to the brighter orange floral side enhances the richness of the plate color.






I found a few treasures while we were vacationing and wanted to try them on the table. I couldn't leave this pumpkin and leaf creamer and sugar on the shelf at Tuesday Morning in Osage Beach. I purchased the caramel hued leaf candle from my favorite Lebanon store, Traditions!








I spotted this dip and spreader bowl at the Heartland Antique Mall in Lebanon, Missouri. "Mr. Ed" and I will enjoy our favorite Halloween evening snack (Candy Corn and Cashews) from this cute bowl!



Yes, Halloween isn't dark or scary On Crooked Creek. Our Halloween traditions consist of an individual helping of Crunchy, Munchy Chili . . .bowl of candy by the door. . .front porch light turned on. . . snack of Candy Corn and Cashews and reading or watching TV while we wait to see our neighborhood children in costume.

Stop in for a spell. . .
We'll leave the porch light lit just for you On Crooked Creek!

Until next time. . .
Post a Comment