The simple pleasures of home shine brighter
when the spirit of God intertwines our hearts
with His gentle Joy.

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Something New On Crooked Creek. . .

Please stop by Between Naps On The Porch with our gracious hostess, Susan for Metamorphosis Monday http://www.betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com/ and be inspired by todays participants concerning changes in and around your home.



Dear Ones,

First of all I want to thank everyone for their kind comments on our French Country Kitchen! My heartfelt gratitude to Shelia @ Notesongs for hosting Heart of the Home Party!Many times over the past year, I've read where bloggers were moved to tears by what they had read in their comments. Oh! I, truly, was overwhelmed! You must realize that when we live day~in~day~out in our homes. . .we sometimes miss it's true beauty! Thank you for drawing to my attention to all of the blessings God has bestowed on "Mr. Ed" and I On Crooked Creek!

Now. . .
for something new On Crooked Creek. . .

My New Desk Chair! ! !


I can't believe it, "Mr. Ed" and I have been discussing it for months! Seems with every  birthday. . . my arthritis becomes more and more a constant companion. When I sit at the computer for any amount of time, I am in a great deal of pain!

For the lady who loves all things vintage this was quite a shock to me, as well! I had my sights on an vintage looking chair in the Ballard Designs catalog. Both dear hubby and my son cautioned that I needed to sit in the chair. That wasn't possible without ordering first.
So. . .
last weekend, we were in the city running errands; I asked to go to Office Max. I looked over what was available and decided there was nothing similar to the Ballard Designs chair to try on for fit. I spotted two chairs. One was a sleek little red leather design. . .but the fit across my back wasn't very comfortable. It also had arms, which throw my shoulders out~of~place, causing more pain in the neck, shoulders and back.


Then. . .
I spotted this cute little task chair. . . too cute. . . too cute. . .too cute. . .but oh, so contemporary. So totally NOT me!

Since "Mr. Ed" and I both work out of our home office (on occasion), I had him sit in it, too. He was quite smitten with all the bells and whistles of the brenton studio task chair . . .
contemporary style, low flare back, pneumatic seat height adjustment, leather upholstery! Of course, he didn't hesitate taking it for a "test drive". Our son, also, likes the change!



Time for a Tag Sale. . .









. . .On Crooked Creek!




It wasn't easy saying good~bye to the two antique black chairs we've been using, but the benefits for my tired, old, aching body have well been worth the change.



brenton studio task chair



"Mr. Ed" and I have been enjoying our newest purchase On Crooked Creek. If there's a new purchase to be made at your home, by all means, get out there and go shopping! Comfort and style . . . what are you waiting for? ? ?


Until next time . . .

7 comments:

Melanie said...

Sometimes comfort overtakes looks:) I love the black chair but I completely understand your issues with it! Thanks for stopping by Southern Comfort in a Northern Life. I appreciate your sweet comment. Keep checking back. In a few weeks, I will be in decorating mood.

Dandelion and Daisy said...

I like that chair, it looks comfortable and sleek.....that can be a good mix with vintage! Enjoy, I certainly enjoyed your blog.

Peg said...

I think just one splash of contemporary highlights your beautiful antique things. Very cool!

Martha said...

It looks like a great chair. Although I like the others comfort is important -- and I think it does have great style!

Donna said...

Hi, Pat,
Thanks for stopping by. It's so nice to meet you. I love the name of your blog. Well, I am in LOVE with your desk. It looks almost exactly like the one in my "inspiration" picture. Did you notice? I'm glad you found a comfy chair. That is so important!
D

SmilingSally said...

Hi Pat, Sometimes the back is much more important than the current style. I'll always vote for comfort.

Please come see my outside shots.

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Your floral arrangement is stunning and what a very special piece it is. How wonderful to have it recreated. Love your chair too. I am all for comfort. Love the style. Thanks so much for linking to TTT. Hugs, Marty