The simple pleasures of home shine brighter
when the spirit of God intertwines our hearts
with His gentle Joy.

Monday, October 18, 2010

Roses Are For Rememberances. . .

Today, On Crooked Creek will be joining Marty @ A Stroll Thru Life for Table Top Tuesday! Marty is such a lovely hostess. . . be sure to stop by and see what other inspirations await!
http://www.astrollthrulife.blogspot.com/


Roses Are For Remembrances. . .
table and rose floral arrangement
heirlooms from my Mother, Carmen.
 Roses Are For Remembrances. . .

The roses in the cherub egg vase hold special remembrances for me. This delicate floral
arrangement was first purchased in the
early 70's by my Mother, Carmen.
















"Mr. Ed" and I were home visiting during his military career when Moma shared with me that she had purchased this floral arrangement in the Kansas City Area. The florist was a former classmate of mine, Mark Evans, from my junior high years.


The original faux arrangement was plastic roses. . . remember, we are speaking of the 70's!

I have a very dear, lifelong friend who is an excellent nurse! However, she has many creative talents, as well. A few years ago, she came for a visit On Crooked Creek and reproduced this arrangement with silk roses! What a blessing! Knowing how dear this piece is to me, she made the remembrance now a trilogy !


"When on helps another,
                                       both are strong.
                             . . . Be strong in the Lord. . ."
Ephesians 6:10


Through the years, another close friend gave me the paper weight as a gift. I served as a para educator in her classroom. Our bond in the Sisterhood of Christ gave us the strength we needed to face the situations that came our way daily in a middle school setting. 


Moma used this as an accent table in our French Provincial living room; I use it as a side table in our home office. It is exquisite with it's curvy legs and marble top! The fluting on the table legs and the scallop on the skirting embellish its character.

The two bronze finials were purchased locally when I updated the home office decor On Crooked Creek this Summer. I changed out the Black and White Wellington Country Toile curtains for the Sage Green lined draperies. The Waverly Home Classics paint from Lowe's (WV42002) is titled Coffee! Fitting for working in your own home office!

Roses are for remembrance. . .
what remembrances come to your mind today?

Until next time. . .

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for coming by for a little visit!! It is always such a blessing to meet another sis in Christ!

Roses are my favorite flower so you have got me on this tablescape!! The table is just so sweet too and I love the message on your paper weight!

bee blessed
mary

Martha said...

What a special tabletop! I love your story about the vase and flowers and the table itself! A great post!

Roxie Armstrong said...

I love the roses story. The table is special as well.

bj said...

What a special memory...and the table is wonderful.

Melanie said...

Thank you so much for the sweet comment on my blog, Southern Comfort in a Northern Life. Yes, we love our fellow bloggers. I love blogging just for that:) Have a good week.

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Hi Pat! What a sweet story and what a beautiful memory! I hope you are having a great week!...hugs...Debbie

Chari at Happy To Design said...

Hi Pat...

Ohhh...what a beautiful rose floral arrangement and even more precious since it belonged to your mother! How very sweet of your friend to add the silk roses! The cherub vase is sooo pretty...I just adore it! This is such a pretty vignette, my friend! I love your little french provencal table...it's a work of art all in itself! Ohhh...and I was admiring your beautiful drapes...lovely! It looks like you have made a very sweet haven for yourself in your office! Thank you for sharing your pretties and sweet treasures with us today!

I also wanted to thank you for coming by and taking a peek at my autumn leaves vignette! I really enjoyed your visit and the sweet note that you left for me! Thank you, Pat!!!

Warmest autumn wishes,
Chari @Happy To Design

René said...

I love that everything has meaning. Your friend did a wonderful job with the silk roses. Very pretty.

-Rene