The simple pleasures of home shine brighter
when the spirit of God intertwines our hearts
with His gentle Joy.

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Chicken Wire Cabinet!

Winter with its snow and blowing cold often finds me in the midst of a major home make~over! Years ago, I painted the kitchen cabinets during a huge snowstorm. This year, I did a chicken wire cabinet make~over!




If you're a regular follower On Crooked Creek. . . you might remember that Santa Came Early this year with the arrival of two new chairs for the lower level! As we were gearing up for Christmas On Crooked Creek, I snapped some photo shots of the lower level family room. The lens of the camera sometimes picks up the details that one doesn't realize with the naked eye. All the furniture was lined up against the long wall like tombstones in a graveyard. Talk about depressing!




So . . .
with a bit of persuasion and coaxing, I convinced "Mr. Ed" to help me with a room re~arrangement. Then, I noticed the inside of the chicken wire cabinet. Not too impressive.




Oh, the weather outside was frightful. . .





. . .and the fire was so delightful,


AND. . .since I had no place to go!

I re~arranged the interior of the Chicken Wire Cabinet On Crooked Creek!




from top. . .




. . .to middle


. . .to bottom







. . . and everything in between!







Not bad for a snow storm on the prairie and a little too much time on my hands, huh?


In just a few short hours the Chicken Wire Cabinet went from this. . .



. . .to this!





On Crooked Creek will be joining our hostess Susan @ Between Naps On The Porch for Metamorphosis Monday! Please visit and be inspired by what others are doing with "time to spare"!



Until next time. . .

Post a Comment