The simple pleasures of home shine brighter
when the spirit of God intertwines our hearts
with His gentle Joy.

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Christmas Tree Times Three!

This Christmas On Crooked Creek is cutting back on the usual Seasonal decor. Since we aren't hosting Christmas On Crooked Creek, I decided to o n l y put up t h r e e  Christmas Trees!




Our Rustic Christmas On The Prairie showcases our Lodge Tree this year on the upper level living room all dressed in bronze, gold and brown. A creamy ivory angel sits atop the highest bough while a creamy ivory, scalloped quilt is used in place of a tree skirt at the bottom.




Instead of tinsel garland, I used a 3 ~ inch wide natural fiber ribbon in bronze tone to accentuate all the natural elements affixed to the branches.




Twig balls and pine cones look lovely with our Traditional bronze, gold and mocha hued ornaments and icicles. I tucked in faux twigs to enhance the Rustic Christmas On The Prairie appeal.





This creamy ivory, scalloped quilt adds a layer of softness at the base of this natural element, Rustic Christmas Tree On Crooked Creek.





Our Rustic Christmas On The Prairie Christmas Tree. . . Tree # 1!


"Mr.Ed" and I chose a Coppertone Christmas Dining room to harmonize with our Rustic Christmas On The Prairie since both rooms connect with one another.




This skinny 4 foot tree sits in a half round wicker basket!
I love S N O W . . .so we kept this tree with a hint of the Seasonal weather. I adore this tree topper! Designed after a vintage bed spring with a burst of snowflakes at the top, one can't help but smile!!!




Pearled, gold ornaments softly accentuate the golden glitter snowflakes! Each ornament on this tree is hand tied with gold satin or sage ribbon! Believe me, when I say this tree is a labor ~ of ~ love!





I found these glass tree ornaments at an Antique Shop. When placed in front of the bulb they appear to be illuminated!




These miniature "plates" from Nell Hill's have to be my all time favorite ornament! Their creamy ivory background and soft rimmed gold edges are a perfect accent for this Coppertone Christmas Dining Room Tree!




A half round, wicker basket sits at the side of our oak buffet year ~ round! No need to use a tree skirt; however, the pine cones tucked around the base are in keeping with the natural theme On Crooked Creek this year!




 A perfect "pencil" size to set near our dining room table enhancing our meal times On Crooked Creek!

Coppertone Christmas Dining Room Tree. . . Tree #2!

Browsing at a local Antique Mall, I happened upon a pink feather tree measuring 32" inches in height! I was smitten! For two years this tree has resided in my Art Studio. . .but this year ~ On Crooked Creek. . . it is residing in the Master Bedroom!




This star tree topper is actually a metal ornament! I adore the silver and gold of this star! Its message is Peace, Love, Joy!




Each ornament is hand tied to the tree using a sheer 2 ~inch pink wire edged ribbon!




Round, vintage, pink glass ornaments are mixed with teardrop  nostalgia ornaments. Look closely to see the  crystal, glass garland used to enhance and illuminate the feather tree. 






Vintage, pink glass ornaments stored in their original box!!!




Each year, when I remove the ornaments from the tree, I leave the pink, sheer wire edged ribbon attached. It is time consuming to re ~ thread the ribbon through the ornament top. Fragile as they are, I fear breakage!




I adore the romantic era of this vintage feather tree. So placing it in a corner of the Mater Bedroom On Crooked Creek seemed to be the perfect place for it to reside!




This Christmas Tree needs no extra illumination. The sun shining through the windows reflects in the glass ornaments giving this feather tree a "natural" glow!




Our pink feather tree ornaments appear more golden than silver in the evening lighting! Ah~h~h. . .so romantic!

A Master Bedroom, vintage, pink feather tree. . .Tree #3!


Christmas Tree Times Three. . .On Crooked Creek!



Until next time. . .




On Crooked Creek is joining Debra @ Common Ground for Vintage Inspiration Friday! Do go visit and see all the ways to incorporate your Vintage Treasures into your Christmas Decor...you'll be amazed!!!

19 comments:

ShabbyESP said...

Your three trees are beautiful!!!

I am more partial to the pink since I am a pink lovin girl!!!
Enjoy your Holidays!!!
Suzann ~xoxo~

Unknown said...

You got me with the PINK, of course ... tho they are all exquisite.
Merry Christmas
TTFN ~
Marydon

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Pat, you amaze me with 3 trees. Wow, I barely got one up. All of them are gorgeous. Hugs, marty

Richard Cottrell said...

All are so beautiful. Richard from My Old Historic House.

Trisha said...

I love both of your trees...they are each wonderful in their own way!

~Trisha

Amy Chalmers said...

I like the pink tree best. It does look gold and the pink and gold look so pretty and romantic together!

RuthSMac. said...

All you trees are beautiful, but the pink one is gorgeous and sooooo romantic! ^^

andrea@townandprairie said...

I love the pink tree and all its bows. It is so sugary sweet! I wish I had one, too. a new follower, andrea@townandprairie ps I also love your blog backdrop!

Martha said...

What beautiful trees -- love the pink one!

Pinky at Designs by Pinky said...

You ONLY put up 3 trees....HA! That's a good one. They are all beautiful, my favorite is the rustic tree #1!! I love the colors and in fact my daughter told me that next year she wants to do her tree in brown, copper and gold. I wish for you peace, love and JOY too!!! Thank you for being such a wonderful new friend and supporter. XO, Pinky

podso said...

Love them all! Especially that pink one! Have a good Christmas week Pat!

Blessed Serendipity said...

My favorite has to be the pink tree but they are all pretty!

Danielle

Anonymous said...

Just three trees? :) Oh, they are all so beautiful and love seeing your ornaments! I love that skinny one. I'd love to find a couple of these to use next year!
Thanks always for popping in to see me.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Lou Cinda @ Tattered Hydrangeas said...

I am impressed! I bareley got one tree up and you did three! They are all gorgeous! Love the bronze tones...and the pink one! LOVE it!

Lou Cinda

labbie1 said...

BEAUTIFUL trees! I am particularly smitten with the topper on tree number TWO! Those stars on a bedspring type design. LOVE IT!

Babs said...

Pat, I don't know how you do it. Three beautiful trees and all beautifully different. I like the big basket you chose for a "stand"
Thanks for stopping by. Have a great weekend.
Babs

bj said...

Your three little trees are adorable.
I have one in the living room and a small, tabletop one in my dining room. I am going to buy a small white tree after Christmas for my kitchen.
Have a wonderful weekend, dear one.

Pat@Back Porch Musings said...

Gorgeous times three, Pat!

Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Love those pencil thin trees Pat!! They are so adorable and can be used so many places since they don't take up much room!!! You have decorated them so pretty!

Love the pink one also! I think we all need to have a pink tree in our home- they are so fun!

Congratulations to Mr Ed!!!! Are you scared? My sister's hubby drove her crazy when he retired for the first year!!!

bee blessed
mary