The simple pleasures of home shine brighter
when the spirit of God intertwines our hearts
with His gentle Joy.

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Coppertone Christmas Dining. . .

Staying in tune with the Rustic Christmas decor On Crooked Creek proved a bit challenging for this Traditional decor home. I've spent many days researching through my inspirational magazines.



As each Season changes On Crooked Creek...so does the look of our dining room chandelier. I've used two evergreen pics topped with snow and pine cones to unify our Rustic Christmas theme. Then...I made a huge, poofy coppertone bow!!!



Here you catch a glimpse of the china hutch in the background. Notice how the coppertone bow harmonizes well with the oak wood tone?




I adore that poofy, coppertone bow with it's curling tails!!!Let's go down and take a look at the centerpiece, shall we???




A simple $2.00 Gordman's, rectangular, creamy ivory tray. I chose a square, battery operated, creamy ivory pillar candle for the center. Tying a natural fiber, square bow around it's middle helps disguise the Traditional pillar. I surrounded the candle with wispy sprigs of evergreen and pine cones similar to those used on the chandelier above. Copper and bronze glitter ornaments tied with gold satin ribbons add to the illumination from the candlelight!




This angled photo shot shows all the elements used in this simple, Rustic Christmas centerpiece. Using the tray makes the centerpiece easily moved from the table ~  if our meal has ample courses.





Here you can begin to see the coppertone, diamond patterned, overlay topper and the everyday white dishes for most our meals On Crooked Creek.



By angling the square, diamond patterned topper, the corner points flow gracefully off the table at each place setting.




Using our silver chargers reflects the light and keeps the overall table calm.  The patterned floral napkin keeps the unity of the bronze, copper, gold, creamy ivory, and green color palette.




This rim photo shot shows the effective layering for each place setting. Charger, dinner plate, dessert / salad plate, topped off with an additional saucer.



On Crooked Creek our everyday white dinnerware was chosen for its versatility. While "Mr. Ed" states the center of the saucer appears to be an oak leaf cluster or a poinsettia. . . to me. . .it's unmistakably, always been a S N O Wflake!!!



Cups and saucers are used mainly during our breakfast On Crooked Creek; however with the on~set of cooler Seasonal temperatures, a cup of hot tea finishes off our evening meals!



While snapping photos of this place setting. . . I couldn't help noticing how the appearance of the bubble glass mimics that of a S N O Wglobe!




Our vintage ladder back, farmhouse, dining chairs (found while vacationing this Fall) are calling to be decked in vintage Christmas stockings. Believe me, I've been looking! In the meanwhile. . . I tied this sprig of evergreen with green berries and pine cone with another coppertone ribbon!




"Mr. Ed's" chair back with his embellished Christmas swag!




The striped chair cushions from the lower level dining area will suffice for now On Crooked Creek. The hues are a perfect accent with our Coppertone Christmas Dining. . .




"Mr. Ed" and I will be spending our meals gathered 'round this Coppertone Christmas dining table. Together we will be facing new challenges of adapting to his retirement.






On Crooked Creek. . . this is one adaptation and challenge I'm looking forward to having! Time for "Mr. Ed" and I to share our lives. . .and our meals together.




Coppertone Christmas Dining. . .On Crooked Creek!



Until next time. . .


http://www.betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com/

On Crooked Creek is joining our dear hostess, Susan @ Between Naps on the Porch for Tablescape Thursday! Be sure to visit and view all the lovely tables for inspiration for your own dining pleasure!

15 comments:

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

How beautiful, Pat! I love the copper accents! The swags add the perfect touch. I am sure that you and Mr. Ed will enjoy his retirement. I know I have never been happier! :-) Happy Week!...hugs...Debbie

Pat@Back Porch Musings said...

I am loving these coppery colors Pat! Your table is beautiful and I love the chair decorations.

podso said...

I too like the coppery tones. Very thoughtfully creative (especially if you did research on it!)....enjoy all your hard work!

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

Love the touch of christmas on the chairs! and really like what you did with your chandelier.

Marlis said...

I so love your copper accents.. so perfect.. the white dishes.. all very elegant.. snowflake to me! xo marlis

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh Pat, your table is stunning. I love the copper tones, they are just beautiful. Your chandy and your centerpiece are both stunning. So creative and so beautiful. Truly lovely dining area. Hugs, Marty

Martha said...

A very pretty table and I love the copper. Christmas doesn't always have to be red and green!

Marigene said...

Beautiful table with all the copper accents. I have gone with a non-traditional color theme this year, aqua/silver/white. Even my husband who loves the traditional red/green really likes it!
Retirement for Mr. Ed...you had better find him a hobby!

Sandra said...

I love all of the details you put all around the dining room from the chandelier to the chairs. I really like the copper colors, too. A nice change from red and green. I hope you have many fabulous dinners there this holiday season.

Pinky at Designs by Pinky said...

Oh Pat, it looks so pretty, VERY calming! I love the coppertones. The table square is beautiful too. Your centerpiece is lovely and good idea to put it on a tray. I know you will enjoy Mr. Ed's retirement. Time together is precious, even when we have been married for all these years!!!:) Tonight Joe and I are meeting our daughter and SIL at Longwood Gardens and touring it, then going to dinner together. Precious times together. XO, Pinky

Babs said...

Pat, Your copper and bronze accents are just so beautiful. I like the little evergreen and berry sprigs on your chairs. All is so pretty.

Leslie's Garden said...

Very pretty, I love the rich color of the tablecloth with the white dishes. I also love your little tree taht I think I see in the background.

Tea in Texas said...

The copper colors of the tablecloth is lovely. The chandelier is just great with the table design. Thanks for sharing. Happy Tablescaping! Pam

Pinky at Designs by Pinky said...

HI again, Pat. Come on back over and see our REAL sleigh on the front porch!!!! XO, Pinky

Alycia Nichols said...

Hey, Pat! When I read the title, I expected to see the ad with the little girl having her bathing suit pulled down by the little dog on the beach! :-) Beautiful color to introduce into your decor for the season! I looked closely at the center of your plate, and I'm torn...snowflake OR poinsettia. ;-) Gorgeous table!