The simple pleasures of home shine brighter
when the spirit of God intertwines our hearts
with His gentle Joy.

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Double Take!

While visiting a local Antique Shop last week, Roadhouse Antiques, I came across an oil painting ~ signed~ yet unframed for $5. I was quite pleased ~not only with the reasonable price ~ but the subject matter of the painting.
It made me do a Double Take!


This oil painting of the birds in a vintage, galvanized pail hanging off the outdoor faucet is liken to that of an artifact "Mr. Ed" and I purchased while stationed in Germany.



When we saw this artifact in a shop in Germany, "Mr. Ed" and I were transformed back to his family farm on the Prairie of Kansas.




Birds nesting in a vintage farm pail on the Prairie is a natural occurrence. My beloved in~laws would not have disturbed this nest.



So~o~o. . .I knew these two would compliment each other for a Spring themed vignette On Crooked Creek. . .





. . .and needing to replace the Christmas vignette in the entry hall gave me a perfect place to perch the two.



Shopping the lower level On Crooked Creek, I brought up the wrought iron birdcage.



These faux moss spheres are velvety to the touch and appear to have bits of bird feathers in their composition.



The addition of the a birds nest adds to the authenticity.




Doing a Double Take. . .On Crooked Creek!


Until next time . . .
Post a Comment