The simple pleasures of home shine brighter
when the spirit of God intertwines our hearts
with His gentle Joy.

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Treasure Hunting. . .

I am so grateful to live in an area where convenience is in abundance! Within a few miles of On Crooked Creek, one can dine finely, shop easily, find inspiration. . . and yet, every once in a while. . .I just have to "get the heck outa' Dodge"! On those occasions, "Mr. Ed" and I take to Treasure Hunting. . .

Treasure #1, #2 and #3 . . .


I've been looking for some empty milk bottles to fill a vintage wire carrier for quite some time. The monogram G on the Golden Royal milk bottle caught my eye! I adore the detailing! The red is a "great find" for my kitchen On Crooked Creek!




Now...these two, at first glance, appeared to be a match in shape. Even this photo is misleading! However the taller vintage milk bottle(quart) is more square at the base; whereas the smaller vintage milk bottle (pint) is more round at its base.

"Mr. Ed" states the pint bottle is similar to the ones he drank milk from in grade school. He is several years older than I. Had I drank milk at school, it would have come from a waxed paper carton. Allergies made it impossible for me to partake!

Treasure #4. . .


My first restaurant plate!!! Ladies, I nearly danced to the counter with this find! I am acquiring quite a collection of restaurant serving dishes...but this is my first plate! You know what they say..."The Thrill of the Hunt"...Oh, yeah...I was definitely feeling the adrenalin rush when I spotted this treasure!

Treasure #5. . .


Au gratin dishes! Oh, how I wish there'd been four! I've already used these "great finds" On Crooked Creek and will post that recipe in the near future!!!




I was quite smitten with their oval shape, deep interior and the delicate shell design on the handles! They have that creamy ivory hue that I adore! These aren't dishwasher safe, but they washed up so nicely, I don't seem to mind!
 
Treasure #6. . .


A creamy ivory hued vintage oval serving platter! I adore the delicate swirl design around the edges! This is my first vintage serving platter! All the white dishes and the restaurant plate were found at the same Antique Shop in Newton, Kansas!

Treasure #7. . .

will have to wait for another post. I didn't photograph the treasure by itself...and I'm still working on the final outcome of its announcement On Crooked Creek. I do hope you'll stop by again soon for its reveal!

"Mr. Ed" found a treasure, also! He purchased the VCR (can't get much more vintage than that) of Dances With Wolves! He watches the black & white with VCR movies while riding his stationary bicycle in the lower level On Crooked Creek since his retirement!

There's just something so uplifting and inspiring about arriving On Crooked Creek with newly acquired treasures. Just the "pick me up" and motivation I needed to get those creative ideas going once again!

Until next time. . .


FYI:
We've been experiencing computer woes On Crooked Creek lately! Something about a Mother Board...external hard drive... so~o~o, if you notice my absence for a period of days...its due to the lack of knowledge with technology. Thank goodness for "geeks"!

7 comments:

podso said...

What good finds, my friend. Your restaurant collection reminds me of my Hall collection (often used in restaurants.) The white serving platter is beautiful. Enjoy your new treasures!

Sonny G said...

Hi Pat..
you found some great new treasures.

I hope you can get your computer fixed. I dont know enough about their inner workings to be of any help.

good luck and thanks for visiting me..

Pinky at Designs by Pinky said...

You found great treasures, Pat! Joe and I do the same thing when we feel the need to GET AWAY! We get in the car and drive, stop somwwhere for lunch and SHOP!!! What fun, and the best part is being together all day. XO, Pinky

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

Best of luck with your computer issues! You have all my sympathy! I love all your new finds. You know how I love white china. Vintage is just where it's at!

bj said...

Lovin' your great finds, Pat. I love the feeling we get when we find something we just love. :))

O, I hate computer problems....mine is acting up, too. Really REALLY slow to load right now. I've done all I know to do...I think I have waaaay too many downloads with all these photos. Not sure how to clean them all off. *heavy sigh
I have to wait for a grand to come show me what to do. :))
Hope you get yours fixed soon.
xoxo bj

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

I have #6 it was our everyday mest platter growing up.

I am too trying to fill up a holder, trying to do local dairys

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Love your finds, Pat...especially those gratin dishes! Hope you are having a great week!...hugs...Debbie