The simple pleasures of home shine brighter
when the spirit of God intertwines our hearts
with His gentle Joy.

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Treasure #7!

2012 has already been full of new journeys here On Crooked Creek!

Dear Ones...hold the presses...On Crooked Creek is joining our sweet hostess, Marty @ A Stroll Thur Life for her 100th Table Top Tuesday!!!


Thank you, Marty, for hosting this truly inspiration weekly meme. I continually am blessed by all the lovely vignettes from your blog and those of others featured here! You're the b e s t !


Studio One has, once again, become my Art Studio! Many of my former display items have been sold in a recent Tag $ale. The closing of my handmade card business was a choice of heart. I plan to spend much needed time with "Mr. Ed" in his retirement!


Previously, this vintage Tea Cart was used in my booth at our local Spring Fling for display. I found this beauty on Craig's List and purchased it locally. It has been in Studio One since its arrival On Crooked Creek. . .until recently.


Once the Christmas Tree was carried to the storage closet on the lower level, a huge vacancy in the living room made me re~evaluate what would fill that voided spot. The vintage Tea Cart is a "perfect" fit!

I am a Traditionalist. . .to a point. . in home decorating! This Tea Cart would be the best place to display my heirloom silver Tea Set! When I was gifted with my MoMa's Tea Set, my Dad brought a silver plated tray (Made in Hong Kong) for it to rest upon. Not the tray that I was accustomed to seeing in my childhood. For years, I have been searching for a more fitting silver tray.

Treasure #7. . .




Of course, it took an hour and a half of silver polish and "elbow grease" to bring this elegantly, footed, handled, curved silver tray to its former glory!



I am totally grateful that someone gave up this exquisite tray and placed it for sale in their booth at our local Antique Mall! Perhaps the "price was right" because of its blackened condition!



Due to its ample size, I was able to bring out the heirloom silver candelabra and a condiment holder to enhance the top shelf of the Tea Cart.




The pattern is so delicate. . .almost lacey all around the perimeter of the tray.







Scallops add interest to the outward edges of the tray. Those handles are massive; however making transfer of the tray an easy task.




Look closely and you will see the feet of the tray! Although no name is embedded on the bottom, there is a series of four digits under each foot.



The middle shelf is a great space to house our ice bucket and a silver tray of glasses. Hot tea ~ will become iced tea ~ with the onset of Summer On Crooked Creek!





The bottom shelf will suffice as a Seasonal display. Since the Christmas decor has been returned to the lower level, I've chosen to showcase my large bunnies.





Today, On Crooked Creek it is SNOWing. . . so~o~o. . .we'll call these SNOW bunnies!


Amazing how Treasure Hunting not only brought about new purchases On Crooked Creek, but also, new changes . . .new beginnings in our journey.

"Mr. Ed" and I are about to enjoy a "cup of tea",  together, as we watch the SNOW falling on the deck On Crooked Creek.


Until next time. . .

http://www.commonground-debrasvintagedesigns.blogspot.com/

On Crooked Creek will be joining Debra from Common Ground for Vintage Inspiration Friday. Be sure to visit and be inspired to use your vintage finds in your own home decor!

13 comments:

podso said...

What a feast for the eyes. The tea cart and silver set seem made for each other. How you will enjoy them. And I can tell you and your husband are really enjoying his retirement and making the most of each day together.

LOL I think I have your missing fourth Halls au gratin dish. No kidding. I just checked. I got it years ago and I would send it to you except I use it regularly as a butter dish and I love it! How funny though--I just checked it in my china cupboard earlier this afternoon. Sure enough! Enjoy that snow!

Babs said...

You found some great pieces and the tea cart is perfect for displaying your silver service. Thanks for sharing all your new treasures.
Babs

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

I love silver and your new tray is gorgeous! How nice to display your dear Mother's tea set so beautifully.

I am so happy that you and Mr. sat and watched it snow...that is how life should be enjoyed.

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Wow, that silver try is lovely, Pat..and looks so pretty with your tea set! There's just something about a footed tray, isn't there? Happy week!...hugs...Debbie

Pat@Back Porch Musings said...

The cart looks beautiful, Pat.

Since J retired, we wonder how we had time to do anything when he was working. Retirement is definitely a busy time for us!

Pinky at Designs by Pinky said...

This BEAUTIFUL post is making me feel like an idiot! I ahd a BEAUTIFUL silver tea set also, and many other silver pieces. I GAVE THEM ALL AWAY when I was younger (and foolish) thinking I would never use them or want them!!! Your set is beautiful and the tray is magnificent!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh, the beauty is amazing. The cart is the PERFECT display piece. Enjoy your time together with Mr. Ed!!!! XO, Pinky

Anita at Cedar Hill said...

I love the teacart and the tea set. It is beautiful and I am so glad it has a permanent spot now.

Debra@CommonGround said...

Hi Pat, this is just perfect for that wonderful tea set. I know alot of people out there like tarnished silver, but me, not so much. I love that beautiful shine and sparkle. Looks beautiful! xoxo

Martha said...

Lovely silver Pat -- I adore your display on the cart.

Sanghamitra Bhattacherjee(Mukherjee) said...

Gorgeous cart!
Thanks for sharing.
Hope to see you on my blog:)

Sanghamitra.

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Pat, it is fabulous. I love all three displays. Your silver tea service is stunning and I love the addition of the roses. I need to copy this. You are such a lovely cart and it is presented beautifully. Love it all. Thanks so much for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

Rettabug said...

Pat, your freshly polished tea set is just lovely in that light! I think I have the same set, too, only your tray is prettier. I love those scallops.

2010/02/house-at-riverton-food-for-thought-sat.html

Wish I had a tea cart to display mine on!

fondly,
Rett

Dayle ~ A Collection of Days said...

Polishing silver is a job, for sure. Your set is magnificent! And I love the triple-tier cart. So unique.