The simple pleasures of home shine brighter
when the spirit of God intertwines our hearts
with His gentle Joy.

Sunday, January 22, 2012

NOT Just Another Pretty Plate!

Dear Ones,

I won't bore you with the "No More Dishes" that I continually hear from "Mr. Ed" throughout this post... but I have to share that these gratin dishes are. . . 

NOT just another pretty plate!!!



Purchased on a recent shopping trip, I was hopeful that I would find four of these lovelies. I am, still on the search for one more.



So~o~o. . .in the meanwhile I will use these for "Mr. Ed" and I to enjoy eating our meals and left~overs from!

Since I am still employed part~time, I often times cook an entire recipe and then freeze a portion or serve enhanced left~overs!

Last week, I made a huge pot of spaghetti noodles and homemade spaghetti sauce.
"Mr. Ed" must have thought I'd invited guests without his knowledge. . .but I just decided to make an entire batch and only do the clean~up once! So~o~o. . .



out came the gratin dishes! I sprayed them with PAM Olive Oil, and began layering  in the left~overs! First the spaghetti noodles. . .



Next, I spooned on an ample portion of the left~over spaghetti sauce.



Then, I topped it off with a blend of Three Italian grated cheeses.



...and baked it in a 350 degree oven for 35 minutes. Just until the cheeses were melted and bubbling! The aroma that permeated the house was divine!



Of course, I had to set off those gratin dishes by placing them atop one of my restaurant oval platters!




These are not only pretty dishes...but clean~up was a breeze!




Left~over spaghetti served with mandarin oranges and pineapple chunks!


On Crooked Creek. . .

NOT just another pretty plate!



Until next time. . .
Post a Comment