The simple pleasures of home shine brighter
when the spirit of God intertwines our hearts
with His gentle Joy.

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

A Pair of Hares!

Down on the lower level On Crooked Creek, just to the left of the bottom of the stairs, is my Art Studio.



Regardless of the out ~ of ~ doors weather on the Prairie. . .
Spring is the continual season in Studio One!



The year 'round home for my bunny collection On Crooked Creek. . .including this pair of hares, resides in Studio One.






The unfinished portion of a basement is never a pretty sight; however, I have managed to camouflage the disparity of cement walls and floor by designing Studio One with a Garden Theme.



Perched high above my workstation, "Mr. Hare" is the perfect picture of boyhood in his  denim shirt complete with white sailor collar, turned back cuffs and gingham checked overalls. His outfit is accented with his matching gingham check bow tie!




"Mrs. Hare" dons a pastel floral garland with satin streamers as she ushers in the ritual of festivities liken to the May Pole dance. Her shirt waist dress is accented with dainty rose buds and pink trim around her full floral print skirt. Gingham pantaloons disguise her less than lady~like posture.



The pair appear to be smiling as they sit together in their Pottery Barn galvanized wire patio chairs. Could it be they alone know where the eggs have been hidden as we await the arrival of Easter morn???



A miniature pastel floral wreath in hues of butter yellow, creamy ivory, luscious lavender and sage green soften the area beneath the couple and are similar to the palette of hues in the outdoor garden On Crooked Creek.




With Holy Week upon us, it is our wish ~ On Crooked Creek ~ that you participate in this remembrance of the significance of the Season. May you be sorrowful and joyful ~ as you experience in your heart and life ~ the impact of The Cross.


Have a blessed Easter!

Until next time. . .

9 comments:

podso said...

Your bunny collection is very sweet, Pat, and how nice that they join you down in your studio. Have a blessed Easter.

Martha said...

Love the bunnies and the way you displayed them!

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

Your bunnies are so sweet..they look so relaxed with their legs crossed. They must have their work done.
Happy Easter to you and your family.

Chari at Happy To Design said...

Hi Pat...

What a sweet studio you have! Of course, you know how I simply adore all sweet bunnies and your bunny couple has stolen my heart! I clicked on your photos to see the enlarged version...so I could check out the lovely details! The bunny couple's clothing is precious! Love the old rusty garden pails and that beautiful spring garland whirling and twirling around the vignette! LOVELY!!! Thank you for sharing it with us!

Well dear friend, I just wanted to come by to say hello and to wish you and your family a Happy Easter! Or as we would say here at my place...Happy Ressurection Day! I'm sooo very thankful for the supreme sacrafice that Jesus made for US! He is RISEN!!! Allelujah!!!

Thank you for coming by, sweet lady! I always enjoy our visits!

Love ya,
Chari

Anonymous said...

Hi Pat! Oh, those are the cutest little bunnies and love their little chairs too.
Thanks for popping in to see me and I want to wish you a blessed easter.
be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Miss Gracie's House said...

CUTE!! That's what decorating is all about...using what you have to make it beautiful and homey!
Rene'
He is risen!

Donna, The Decorated House said...

Hi Pat~
What cute bunnies among the flowers and pots.
Wishing you a wonderful Easter~

Babs said...

Your bunnies..oh, sorry..hares.. are adorable and wearing the perfect outfits for the Easter Parade.
Wishing you and your family a very Happy Easter.
~Babs

Pinky at Designs by Pinky said...

Pat, I am TRYING to somewhat catch up on blog reading. It is crazy busy around here and I find myself with little time for the computer these days. Your HARES are adorable. Love their outfits. Your description of the "shirtwaist dress" reminded me of grade school when I wanted one SO bad. My best friend had several that I loved. I remeber a gingham one too. Hope you had a blessed Easter. XO, Pinky