The simple pleasures of home shine brighter
when the spirit of God intertwines our hearts
with His gentle Joy.

Monday, April 2, 2012

An Open Door!

Last year during our Spring weather, I opened the door of my kitchen hutch to show you  a glimpse of what's inside. This year as we threw open the patio doors during our unseasonably 80 degree weather, I once again, opened the door to the kitchen hutch. . .


Isn't it amazing how An Open Door brings countless possibilities???

First I tried some aqua blue vintage vases...but they clashed with the aqua blue Homer Laughlin China in the glass cabinet adjacent to the open door!



So~o~o...I removed the vintage vases and began again!
My first though was to do a display with my green and white restaurant dishes, but "Mr. Ed" and I are working towards a new project On Crooked Creek for housing and displaying my ever growing collection! 



The inside of this cabinet is solid wood and stained honey oak. Something was definitely needed to lighten up the backdrop.  I kept the one full size green and white restaurant dinner plate on the easel and added my creamy crackled pears! In keeping with the green theme adjacent, I added some faux bunches of asparagus!



A quick re~arrange of the bottom shelf using my ceramic cabbage tureen, leaf tray and Bordallo Pinhiero salad plates kept cohesive color hues throughout the cabinet! That cute black hat in the corner is actually a candle snuffer!



Having An Open Door allows me one more place to showcase some vintage linens.


This white embroidered vintage linen tea towel was made by my beloved Mother ~ In ~ Law. I adore the soft butter yellow hues in the simplistic embroidery design! Placing this towel atop a green linen tea towel keeps harmony within the decor. 



On Crooked Creek is adding one more hue to this Frenchy Farmhouse Style kitchen and dining area for Spring. Perhaps you've already discovered the additional hue by my subtle hints.



I'll be revealing the new color palette in an upcoming post as "Mr. Ed" and I host our Spring Dinner Group On Crooked Creek. I hope you'll visit soon and delight in the newest hue!



On Crooked Creek. . . An Open Door always leads to adventure!


Until next time. . .


www.astrollthrulife.blogspot.com

For more inspirational decor ideas be sure to visit Marty @ A Stroll Thru Life for Tabletop Tuesday! Marty is always featuring new talented bloggers...you're going to be amazed!!!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Great idea! Looks great!

podso said...

Looks nice! I like your open door reflections. I'm thinking because you have that " open door" approach to life, that,s why those guests may be coming over!

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

I always enjoy seeing your cabinet and how you have it decorated! love the linens

Olive said...

I love restaurant china. Your final result is beautiful. The greens and whites mixed with vintage linens are delightful.

bj said...

We all seem to be having fun changing from winter to summer decorating.
I removed all my reds in the living room, add more whites.

I didn't see J. Grey dancing tribute to Patrick. Sorry I missed it.
I don't watch the dance shows...maybe I should. :)

Your hutch looks lovely.

Martha said...

I like your new look -- that is a pretty cabinet! Love all of your choices -- they make for a very pretty display!

designchic said...

What a perfect choice...it looks amazing!!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

YOur cabinet is just gorgeous and your displays are stunning. I love the dishes and the way you use linens to create such a creative finished look. Beautiful. Thanks so much for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty