The simple pleasures of home shine brighter
when the spirit of God intertwines our hearts
with His gentle Joy.

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

April Showers Bring. . .

On Crooked Creek. . .
                                       April Showers bring. . .
                                                                                Classic Rose China!




Change is constant On Crooked Creek!!!
The kitchen china cabinet and hutch is usually the beginning of  seasonal changes at our humble abode. Although I adore the Frenchy Farmhouse Style, I've been missing my Traditional decor. . . and my MoMa's heirloom Classic Rose China.



Leaving an Open Door, I began with one of my many porcelain china German Coffee Sets!



The service for six along with the coffee pot, creamer and lidded sugar bowl fills the space nicely.


By stacking the dessert / salad plates, saucers and cups. . . I was able to add faux potted roses to soften the hues to the interior of the cabinet. Lace edged, embroidered luncheon napkins belonging to my beloved Mother ~ in ~ law add an illumination to the dark corners. The pink fostoria  creamer and sugar bowl reflect the artificial and natural light. A vintage ivory platter serves as a backdrop for this vignette.






Every holiday of my youth was celebrated using these Classic Rose China dishes!!!




Champagne flutes are from a friend's wedding where "Mr. Ed" served as 'Best Man'! Porcelain egg coddlers are a purchase from our years of active duty in Germany. . .for my MoMa.



I added my other two porcelain German Coffee Pots with their creamers and lidded sugar bowls to give elevation to the bottom shelf. The use of books and a wooden music box allow the pots to be seen through the trimmed cabinet doors once they are closed.



The top of the hutch is the perfect place for a sneak preview of an upcoming Mother's Day Tea tray scape. The addition of pink depression glass dessert /  salad plate topped with a bowl of faux strawberries and a vintage Rose china dessert plate belonging to "Mr. Ed's" beloved Grandmother extends the Classic Rose theme.







                 
China and Roses. . .
                                      from April Showers . . .
                                                                                On Crooked Creek!




Until next time. . .


FYI:

The inspiration for the changes in the kitchen china cabinet and hutch came while reading my newest decor book, Romantic Prairie Style by Fifi O'Neill! This is a  must read for all of you hopeless romantics out there in Blog Land!!! You're goin' like what you read!

8 comments:

podso said...

Hi Pat,

You arrange your dishes in such a pleasing manner and indeed they are so pretty! And I'm sure as you handle them the memories just flow of all those special occasions!

Marlis said...

I had to look very closely at the German set.. It was very similar to one I had picked out with my mother... Yours is so lovely. Love the antique roses dishes too.. fabulous is how I would describe your hutch! xo marlis

Anonymous said...

Hi Pat! Oh, I just love your wonderful hutch and especially seeing your gorgeous dishes and how you've arranged them.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Babs said...

Pat, I really like the way you arranged your beautiful china in each of the areas of the hutch. The tea tray is perfect and so pretty.

Pinky at Designs by Pinky said...

YOu have a wonderful knack for arranging your LOVELY possessions so beautifully! I love the dishes and the coffee sets, Pat. XO, Pinky

bj said...

Your newly decorated hutch on Crooked Creek looks BEAUTIFUL.
I love everything you are showing us.
I have a tea post in draft for Mother's Day, too. :)) My mom sure liked having teas. :))
xo bj

Heaven's Walk said...

Oh...your dishes are sooo pretty, Pat! The soft romantic colors are just beautiful! You've displayed them just perfectly - and the memories they carry make them even more special.

On another note, I'm glad that God kept you safe and sound during your storms. We had one that struck a couple miles away from us two years ago. It's a frightening experience.

xoxo laurie

Chari at Happy To Design said...

Hi Pat...

How are you doing, sweet lady? I'm so sorry that it has been so long since I have been by for a visit. I do hope that my note is finding you and the Mr. both doing well.

Ohhh...I loved getting to see your grandmother's classic rose china! It's gorgeous and looks so beautiful lining the shelves of your hutch! The china is such a pretty pattern...with that single pink rose! Love your German coffee set too! You have a beautiful collection of china to display and...you have displayed it sooo beautifully, my friend! Thank you for sharing it with us.

I was just reading the post before this one...about the tornados that came so close to your home! Thank the good Lord that ya'll are safe. I feel so bad for your nearby neighbors. This time of the year is notorious for bad storms. We were under tornado watch last night. Well dear lady...so happy to visit with you! Take care and have a wonderfully sweet weekend!

Love ya,
Chari