The simple pleasures of home shine brighter
when the spirit of God intertwines our hearts
with His gentle Joy.

Thursday, January 27, 2011

My Very Own Book!


Dear Ones,

Don't you just love receiving mail?

                          No! I'm not talking about e~mail. . .

                                                            No! I'm not talking about face book. . .

What I'm talking about is receiving real  p a p e r  mail!

Like this. . .


I sent off for this. .  . 

                                    It's a book.
                                                         
                                                                 My very own book!

Really!

See. . .





Come closer for a look at the title. . .



On Crooked Creek. . .

                                      My very own book!

While looking at some possible new designs for On Crooked Creek, I happened upon a page from
             The Cutest Blog On The Block
                                                                 that said Print Your Blog Book.
And that's just what I did!

While I love blogging about my decor, dishes, make~overs, table tops, vignettes. . . the real reason I blog is for my creative writing outlet! I love writing about my family and life's experiences, in general!



With my birthday being in December and the 'end ~of ~year' reflections, I began to think about what I am really leaving as heritage to my son. He won't want my dishes nor my many collectibles, but he might enjoy reading some of my thoughts about the life and happenings On Crooked Creek. In his childhood we would spend hours pouring over family albums. This was a way to bridge the gap when "Mr. Ed's" military career would call him on unaccompanied business. Something Bill enjoyed then. . . and still enjoys today!  So. . .  having all my first year blogs published into book form seemed like a great way to preserve for prosperity our unique journey. Of course, our son would prefer to remain anonymous. . .oops!

Front Cover ~
The photo I chose was sunflowers grown by "Mr. Ed", just for me, On Crooked Creek. The sunflower patch is located in our backyard against the privacy fence. The view from the patio door ~ breathtakingly beautiful!




Dedication Page ~
The first page of my blog book is the Dedication Page. . .

On Crooked Creek. . .
From lurker ~ to blogger, oh what a joyful
experience these past five months have
been in my life! What began as an
outlet for my creative writings has brought
about wonderful new friendships ~ through
memes and comments ~ from some of the
finest ladies with which I've had the
opportunity to correspond.
Fondly,
Pat

Table of Contents~
Begins with my very first post and goes through my Christmas post. Thirty post in all! A total of 197 pages include not only my post, but all of the wonderful comments from all of you in blog land that visited On Crooked Creek this past year.

Back Cover ~
Once again, the handiwork of "Mr. Ed's" labors. This time the flower bed at the entrance to our home On Crooked Creek. Showcasing all of my favorites . . .dusty miller, french lavender and bronze mums. . .in full bloom!


The place of honor for my first book is among those of the famous Mary Carol Garrity's Nell Hill books that inspire me with my own home decor. Invaluable references.



Great coffee table reading books for quiet times. . . 
On Crooked Creek.



Book Review ~
?) Am I pleased with the outcome of my first book?
    YES! I certainly am!
?) Will I publish another blog book in the future?
     No doubt in my mind there will continue to be sequel publications!
?) Will I make changes in the future publications?
     That is a possibility. Already I'm thinking of improvements:
     *) Adding more photos. . .
         (Sidebar items didn't print to pages.)
     *) Blogs I Follow. . .
          (Would have been nice to have had my initial list to compare
             with an additional listings.)
     *) Profile Page. . .
          ( I would have preferred that included in this publication.)



To print your very own book is, truly, very simple.

*) Click the icon Print Your Blog Book

Now you're ready to begin!

You have the choice of:
+) Cover  (designs and hardback or soft cover.)
+) Images
+) Number and Order of Post
+) Comments

You can:
#) Edit your book
#) Add / Remove comments

Once you type in your blog name and Print My Blog it is just a few short weeks until the arrival of your published blog book! Amazing!


Life is sometimes. . .difficult.
I feel truly blessed that God has brought each and everyone who reads On Crooked Creek into my life. You have blessed my life by making it a more enjoyable journey.





 On Crooked Creek will be joining Marty @ A Stroll Thru Life for Table Top Tuesday. For amazing inspiration be sure to visit all the lovely table top decor the ladies have prepared for your viewing pleasure!


 Until next time. . .

15 comments:

Sue said...

Pat,
What a great post! A wonderful idea for preserving memories. I always enjoy my visits to your blog.

Susan

pammiejo said...

That's a pretty awesome book, Pat! I want to see it - in person! PAM

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

This is great! I would like to do this too! Thanks for sharing the info.

Your blog is beautiful, I'm going to browse a little more!

Katherine

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

WOW how wonderful. Someone told me recently I should copy my post and put them in a notebook but this is great idea!

Thanks for sharing!

Honey at 2805 said...

How nice to have your very on Coffee Table Book!

Kelsie from Our Country Home and Studio Photography said...

It looks lovely Pat and its arrival must have been a wonderful lift to the spirit.

I hope to be able to do the same thing for my Lost Homes blog...Once I have enough entries :)

Blessings to you and Mr Ed.

Kelsie

Anonymous said...

This is such a neat idea Pat! I had a book made for my Hubby wish is full of pictures that our youngest son took. He is a great photographer and I thought it would be nice for Bill to have them bound in a neat book. I used Snap Fish is what I think it was called. His birthday is just a few days away so we will see how he likes it soon!

Thank you for sharing your wallpapering story with me! I am asking my Jesus to cause me to be open to all the ways He is making Himself known to me. Not just in blessings. I was reading My Utmost for His Highest and convicted of how often times we seek God for His blessings, not for Himself. I really do want to desire Him just for Him- how sad it must make Him to only be loved for what He does and not Who He Is.

bee blessed
mary

PAINTORDIG.blogspot.com said...

What a neat idea, and you have it dispayed so nicely.I will be back to check out the rest of your blog.

Kathleen said...

Congratulations! I think Cathy at Wives with Knives did hers last year, but a different company. She was very pleased too.
Something to think about, and what a GREAT coffee table book!

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

Wow! That is fantastic. Such a treasure to leave your son. Thank you for sharing the information and how it came out. This is something I'll look into.. Thank you for swinging by to see the benched vignette. hugs ~lynne~

Anonymous said...

I have wanted to do this for several years. Fabulous idea, Pat!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Pat, this is so wonderful. A friend has had hers printed also. Love your vignette and your book is so special. Thanks so much for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

Chari at Happy To Design said...

Hello sweet friend...

Ohh my goodness...how very exciting!!! To have your very own book! It looks fabulous, my friend! I really do love the sunflower photo that you chose for the front cover...sooo very pretty! I think this is a lovely way to share special memories...whether it be for ourselves or for a loved one! I had seen this company but kind of forgotten about it. I would love to make a book of my blog...ohhh, and I just love playing around with this kind of thing! I'm so glad that you posted about your new book and reminded me!

Hmmm...now I am wondering if any of my comments made it into your book? I may be famous? Hehe! Thank you for sharing your new treasure with us...I'm just tickled pink for you, sweet friend!!!

Warmest wishes and Happy Valentine's Day!

Chari @Happy To Design

Chari at Happy To Design said...

Ooops...just lil' ol' me again! I was going to tell you that I did something similar with Shutterfly Photos. I made a book with all of our honeymoon photos in Europe and journaled each day and printed that along with the photos. I was really pleased with how it turned out. Now we have a special keepsake book of our honeymoon in Europe! I'll have to blog about it sometime.

Love ya,
Chari

Pinky at Designs by Pinky said...

What a great idea!!! And a real treasure for your son. I love it and the front and back covers are beautiful! XO, Pinky