The simple pleasures of home shine brighter
when the spirit of God intertwines our hearts
with His gentle Joy.

Thursday, February 23, 2012

A Man's Cookie?

A Man's Cookie?




Perhaps...
but this just happens to be a favorite cookie of mine!
Why?
Let me count the ways!!!



#1)An Oatmeal Cookie that doesn't contain cinnamon in the ingredients!
#2)Doesn't use "room temperature" butter, so you can whip up a batch at a moments notice!
#3)Uses chopped pecans. . ."Mr. Ed" loves anything with pecans!
#4)Made from regular ingredients found in most cupboards or pantries!


This recipe makes a generous amount of the
best oatmeal cookies e v e r!


 I made  my special co~workers 1/2 dozen each.
Why?
Just to show my gratitude for all their help and kindness!!!


"Mr. Ed" helped tie them up in their "treat bags"!


On Crooked Creek ~ a full plate of A Man's Cookie!




Cookies for eating. . .
cookies for sharing. . .
cookies for savoring another day in the freezer!


A Man's Cookie
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup Crisco Shortening

2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla flavoring

2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt

2 cups oatmeal
1 cup flake coconut
1 cup chopped pecans

In a large mixing bowl, cream together the sugars and the Crisco.

Add the eggs and the vanilla flavoring.

Sift together the dry ingredients and add to the creamed mixture.

Stir in the coconut, oatmeal and pecans.

Drop by spoonfuls on an ungreased cookie sheet.
Bake in a 375 degree oven for 10 ~ 12 minutes.

Makes: 48 cookies

A Man's Cookie?
Perhaps. . .
I'll let you decide for yourself!


Until next time. . .

9 comments:

podso said...

Pat I understand this. My husband would love these. How nice of you to share them with your co workers (I hope you left some for the Man)...and you tied them up so beautifully! What a treat for them!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh Pat, these sound soooooooooo good. I will definitely make some. I copied the recipe. Thanks tons for sharing. Hugs, marty

Pat@Back Porch Musings said...

These sound wonderful, Pat. I know J would like these very much!

Barb said...

Hi Pat, they certainly look yummy...know they are delicious.

Have a blessed weekend,
Barb ♥

Chari at Happy To Design said...

Hi Pat...

Mmmm...your oatmeal cookies look and sound absolutely divine, dear friend! I too, love oatmeal cookies...although I must admit that I haven't found a cookie yet that I haven't liked! Hehe! Thanks for sharing the recipe with us!

I just wanted to stop by to say hello, sweet lady! It has been so long since we have visited. I have sooo enjoyed all of your sweet notes that you have left for me the last few weeks...thank you! Things are slowing down a bit at my place and I'm trying to get back into the swing of things. I really have missed my blogging and all of my dear friends...like you! I hope that my note is finding you and the mister doing well. Have a wonderful weekend, Pat!

Love ya,
Chari

bj said...

OOOO, HAVE MERCY ON ME....these are some of my favorite cookies...
I am about to make cookies this evening to serve along with SUNDAES on SUNDAY for our dessert at our home fellowship gathering at Sweet Nothings. Praline and now, OATMEAL....ummmm thanks so much for this recipe. Will let you know (and do a post, of COURSE,) how they turn out.

Miss Gracie's House said...

Sounds yummy! Have a great weekend!
Rene'

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

I want one for breakfast!
Mmmm...I'll have to try the recipe soon!

labbie1 said...

Sounds yummy! I am gonna pin this one! I have to try it! :)

Finally!!!! An oatmeal cookie WITHOUT stupid raisins! Yay!