The simple pleasures of home shine brighter
when the spirit of God intertwines our hearts
with His gentle Joy.

Sunday, February 12, 2012

NEW Look in the Art Studio!

We all have places and spaces where we create the things that give us pleasure in our homes. Some of my dearest blogging friends sew, some crochet, some paint. . .
Me? I play with paper!














The past three years, I owned and operated Studio One, where I designed and created Handmade Cards with a Vintage Flair. What began as a hobby to make greeting cards for friends ~ grew from request to make cards for their friends and acquaintances. Thus. . . a home based business was born!






 In January 2012, I closed the business part of Studio One. With "Mr. Ed's" Retirement in December 2011. . .I decided I wanted to spend more of my hours doing things with him than working in the Art Studio every afternoon!



So~o~o. . .
the past few weeks, I've been re~arranging my space in the Art Studio with all of the things that give me inspiration! I've snapped a few photos and vignettes to share!


WARNING: Studio One is in the unfinished part of the lower level living area On Crooked Creek. Be prepared to see open duct work, concrete floors and walls. Sometimes. . .it's down right frightening!!!








An heirloom hat box, belonging to my MoMa, and a vintage white milk glass bud vase holding pink Sweetheart Roses rest on the top shelf. This bookcase holds inspirational items as well as resources for making Handmade Cards with a Vintage Flair!



My all time favorite resource is this book from Anna Griffin. I draw inspiration from her beautiful scrap booking pages and her story of her Grandmother's influence on her life! I filled a concrete planter with vintage lace for more inspiration in Studio One!




More inspirational resources and vintage items to keep my creative juices going!




Classical and Bluegrass Music are one of the "must ~ haves" On Crooked Creek for creating!



My favorite CD's are placed atop a vintage crocheted doily in a vintage card catalog drawer for easy access.




NO shortage of resources @ Studio One. . . Home Companion, House Beautiful, Tea Time, Traditional Homes, Victoria magazines. . .and numerous spiral journals full of ideas for upcoming creations!




Just in case. . .yes! there's a PFAFF sewing machine in that case atop the vintage French Provincial sewing machine cabinet. (Ladies, there's even another sewing machine in that cabinet!) NO shortage of hues of thread, either! But I HATE to sew. . .just don't ask me!





This is the view you experience when you step inside Studio One! The Antique Secretary was purchased at a nearby Antique Mall for a song. I absolutely fell in love when I saw it! One of the unique features is the fact that it is two pieces!!! My vintage dress form was a birthday gift from "Mr. Ed"!



Shelf ~ 


by


shelf ~
this piece has been a wonderful display area  for Handmade Cards with a Vintage Flair in the past. Now it is a source of storage for vintage books, cards and penning paraphernalia.




A marriage in Studio One, born from necessity to display various Handmade Cards with a Vintage Flair, brought about a store bought kitchen island with a vintage bookcase painted white! Now this unique piece houses my vintage suitcase display!

Top ~


to ~


bottom!


Atop this cabinet you will find more of my paper items. . .
I love paper! 



During my last Spring Fling craft show, I sold creamy ivory envelope bundles tied with twine, similar to those shown here in the bird letter holder. "Mr. Ed" made the chalkboard for the vintage blue frame I purchased @ Roadhouse Antiques years ago!





The perils of residing in Studio One and concrete floors have definitely made this bird blue.



A double basket full of light ~ to ~bright hued tulips make for elegant inspiration!

I leave you with a few more of my favorite vignettes! I hope you've enjoyed your visit to Studio One. NO longer a business; however creativity will be the "business at hand" On Crooked Creek!

























Until next time. . .


www.astrollthrulife.blogspot.com

On Crooked Creek is joining our sweet hostess Marty @ A Stroll Thru Life for Table Top Tuesday! Be sure to visit Marty and see all the lovely vignettes she creates each week for inspiration in your own home decor! You're going to like what you see...I'm sure of it!

4 comments:

podso said...

Pat it looks great. I wish my creative space was as organized and as roomy! And I didn't see any signs of construction or unfinished areas as you mentioned! Thanks for sharing. I'm sure you may miss your work a little, but how much sweeter to have the freedom to enjoy time with your husband!

Martha said...

What a neat place to create! I love your collections as well! And yes, spending time with Mr. Ed is most important! But you can still create lovely cards for friends!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh my, what a fabulous space and such wonderful vignettes and areas you have created. Love it all. Thanks so much for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

Mary said...

Oh Pat, I love your inspirational vignettes and crafting room extraordinaire! And I am just the tiniest bit jealous of how organized you are! What a wonderful place to create. xoxo