The simple pleasures of home shine brighter
when the spirit of God intertwines our hearts
with His gentle Joy.

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

School is in Session

Dear Ones,
In this world we sometimes forget the simplest things are what make life worth the everyday grind that we all endure. . . I know you're thinking, "Where is this leading"? ? ? I've been reading face book posts of parents thrilled that children are on the buses and back-to-school, frustrations that school hasn't started yet for some and the loneliness of the "empty nester's" whose children are off to college.

I, too, have endured each and everyone of these and my heart goes out to all of you regardless of your current situation. . . but last night on Crooked Creek, you'd have had a good laugh if you could have seen "Mr. Ed" stop the lawn mower and help me corral and head off the tiniest toad into our flower bed to protect it from the perils of the on-coming mower blades!

New haven for the tiniest toad On Crooked Creek!

What I'm trying to say, ladies, is remember to love your husbands. . .
spend some time with "the love of your life"! ! !  After all. . .
they are the reason we are all experiencing the "joys of motherhood"!
Until next time. . .

2 comments:

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

Yeah Pat! Congratulations you did it!!!! I remember how stomach churning and nervous I was when I pushed the first "publish" button! I am thrilled that you took the leap.
Beautiful and meaningful 1st post!I'll be looking for many more!
xo Yvonne

Sue said...

Hi Pat,
I am so happy to be reading your blog. It looks great already!

Susan from PA