The simple pleasures of home shine brighter
when the spirit of God intertwines our hearts
with His gentle Joy.

Friday, September 2, 2011

Sunflowers In The Living Room!

Dear Ones,
Thanks, to all of you, for indulging me as I've shared my undying love of  Sunflowers On Crooked Creek!

 From our entry. . .



into our Kitchen. . .


flowing onto the Dining Table. . .




. . .and finally, On Crooked Creek, Sunflowers in the Living Room!

Not always, but usually, the decor in the Living Room doesn't change all that much. Easter and Christmas are the two main exceptions to that rule. However; even during those two special holidays.... Sunflowers remain!!!



These scrolled, copper wall pockets hold the largest of all the faux Sunflowers On Crooked Creek!  I purchased these massive Sunflowers in a home decor shop end~of~Summer $ale for 60% off the listed retail price!!! 




The Black~Eyed Susan's oil painting is a treasured piece of art! It is hand~painted by my dear friend, Kay. Our friendship has spanned nearly 38 years! Wherever I go, this painting will always come with me! Simply signed. . . Kay 81.



The trilogy of Sunflower prints are a Christmas past gift from "Mr. Ed"! Does he know how to pick 'em, ladies??? I adore how each print captures the stages of development in a Sunflower!









This trilogy hangs together as a grouping near the entertainment center. I have flanked them with a verdigris copper wall pocket full of traditional hued faux Sunflowers!




My touch of blue hue to the Living Room On Crooked Creek is evident in these stretched canvas prints!



The darling three~legged table, now serving as a plant stand, was an Anniversary past gift from "Mr. Ed".

Sunflowers. . .  

indoors ~



and ~ out


abound On Crooked Creek.

They are, and always will be, my favorite flower!

Until next time. . .

6 comments:

labbie1 said...

What a talented and wonderful friend to paint the sunflowers for you! I love your wall pockets too. Great deal on the end of season flowers too! Mr. Ed takes the cake though with those 3 prints! Wonderful and so happy! :)

Marigene said...

I love your sunflower done in oils...I found a large original (oil) at Goodwill last year, for $1.99 that I love.

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

I love all of your sunflowers and the oils are fabulous. What a treasure. I am crazy for sunflowers also and you will probably find a bunch in my house all the time too. Hugs, marty

FABBY'S LIVING said...

I love the wall pockets and everything else too, the artwork is so pretty too, such beautiful flower it is and so are the black eyed Susan's too. Thanks for sharing. Have a great weekend. FABBY

Cindy @ Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home said...

Sunflowers make me smile, I love them! You have quite a collection and have displayed them so nicely...adds such a great touch to your home!

Babs said...

Pat, Your wall pockets are wonderful. I love the colors of the sunflowers in them. Everything is just right for Fall. Your oil painting is so special and looks right at home in your vignette.
Have a great Labor Day,
Hugs,
Babs