The simple pleasures of home shine brighter
when the spirit of God intertwines our hearts
with His gentle Joy.

Friday, May 4, 2012

Mother's Day Trayscape. . .

On Crooked Creek ~ April Showers brought about Classic Rose China to the dining room hutch just in time for a Mother's Day Trayscape!



When purchasing table linens such as place mats, napkins, runners and table toppers; I always check the reverse side for versatility in my home decor. This table topper is no exception...I adore the buttery yellow background with its dainty pink rosebud print. The hues in the topper are so compatible with those in the ruffled lampshade.




Since the silver tea set has been relocated to a place of honor on the vintage tea cart in the living room, I borrowed the ivory metal footed tray from the Guest Room.




Going for a more Romantic Prairie Style and to satisfy the hopeless romantic in me, I placed my favorite seasonal print behind the tray to soften the honey oak of the hutch.



Then, I added a vintage crocheted doily atop the tray. The scallops of the hand crocheted doily mimic the ruffle of the lampshade. Oh, so~o~o romantically feminine!




The tray is set for Tea~for~One using my favorite white porcelain pear tea pot, lidded creamer and lidded sugar bowl. I adore this Avon collectible from my former years as an Avon Sales Representative.




My treasured, hand painted Lefton China tea cup and saucer gifted to me by my beloved Mother~in~law is joined with my Buttons and Bows pink depression glass. Milk pitcher, creamer and lidded sugar bowl make this perfect for a breakfast tray!




Do you think "Mr. Ed" will make his famous waffles and serve them with fresh strawberries, whipped cream and my all time favorite raspberry tea for a surprise Mother's Day breakfast?



On Crooked Creek...only in my visions of romantic fantasy!!!




The addition of Artfully Done Across Generations Recipes of  Carlene Banks & Friends Art from the Wichita Art Museum has replaced the vintage botanical strawberry print. This beautiful book includes a fabulous collection of 538 best recipes from Carlene Banks and friends, over 100 works of art from the Wichita Art Museum, and historical tidbits about changes in the kitchen over the past century. All proceeds benefit the Wichita Art Museum. A French Market bucket holds faux sweetheart roses to complete the romantic look.



Classic Rose China in full bloom On Crooked Creek. . .
                                    just in time for a Mother's Day Trayscape!


Until next time. . .




On Crooked Creek is joining our dear hostess, Marty @ A Stroll Thru Life for Table Top Tuesday! Be sure to visit for inspiration in your home decor!

. . . and just for Mother's Day ...I'm joining our sweet hostess Susan @ Between Naps On The Porch for Tablescape Thursday! Ladies, you must see the amazing hand crocheted placemats made by Susan's mother!!!






13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Pat. This is just beautiful and I love how you showed us how you put it all together! :)
Pretty china.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh Pat, this is just gorgeous. I love your tray and the crochet is stunning, filled with such a beautiful teascape. How wonderful is this. I got a chuckle from you about sitting and having a good laugh. You are so right, that is exactly what I needed, a great big laugh. I did get the drapes done, the kitchen, familyroom and breakfast table are all back to normal. So having a bed in the living dining area doesn't seem so bad. lol Just figure out the stain and if I have to spend big bucks or just cover it with the bed. When it all dries I can figure it out. AT any rate, it is kind of amusing. Thanks for the reminder of what is important. Hugs, Marty.

Martha said...

I love what you did with your trays cape. Love the doily and the depression glass. It looks so "homey"!

The Tablescaper said...

Pat:

This is so charming. I love how you gathered everything.

- The Tablescaper

Marlis said...

Darling scape.. Love the sweet quilted piece. Your tray with the lace peeking out is a wonderful base for the lovely tea set! Have a beautiful weekend. xo marlis

podso said...

I too like how you show us how it is put together. This is pure prettiness and certainly a tribute to mothers! Hope the painting is going well for you and your hubby!

busana muslimah said...

Thank you for posting this. It’s exactly what I was looking for!

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

So pretty!
Hope you had a great weekend!

Jocelyn said...

What a beautiful trayscape. I love how everything is so romantic and feminine.

Jocelyn @
http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com

Tammy at Tammy Loves Dishes said...

Your trays cape is just lovely. I love the adorable teacup and those pink depression glass pieces are beautiful. What a charming 'scape and it looks so nice on your hutch, too.

SwedishCorner ~ DownUnder...Pernilla said...

Oh, how sweet :)
Greetings from Australia♥
~Pernilla

Donna@Conghaile Cottage said...

That was gorgeous! Every detail perfect! I too sold Avon SO MANY MOONS ago! I have some sweet cups and saucers from those days(Hmmm, maybe that was my start of collecting them). My VERY VERY favorite thing is your ivory metal footed tray from the Guest Room. (((LOVE THAT)))...
Thank you for sharing all your pretty things.
Happy Mothers Day Week to you,
Donna

Anonymous said...

Such a beautiful trayscape, Pat! Love your pink glassware. I used some of mine in my tablescape this week too. Have a happy Mother's Day!