The simple pleasures of home shine brighter
when the spirit of God intertwines our hearts
with His gentle Joy.

Sunday, May 6, 2012

My Longing Soul. . .

L o n g  before the sun rises ~ On Crooked Creek ~ with its warm, awakening glow ~ I'm up!


We lacked any measurable accumulation of snow making our Winter ~ On Crooked Creek ~  grey and dreary . This year, I have l o n g e d  for Springs arrival!


The soft, awakening of pastel hues has filled my l o n g i n g soul with tranquil satisfaction.


I can not seemingly surround myself with ample portions of buttery, soft yellow hues! This calming color seems to revive me from the depths of my soul.



Therefore, the simplistic arrangement of this tablescape is to allow the buttery hue to be the main attraction.


On Crooked Creek, everyday white dinner plates serve as chargers for my petite, scalloped dinner plates. Simply topped with saucers allows the scalloped rims of the dinner plates to be enhanced.





A new find are these vintage luncheon napkins featuring intricate candlewicking and eyelet detailing with scalloped satin edges. Simply placed at the top are my shabby white bird napkin rings.






The pair of mourning doves ~much like those that make their daily visit to the feeders here On Crooked Creek ~ remind of what has passed.







Simple beaded flatware, bee and bubble stemware complete our everyday place settings.






On Crooked Creek, the buttery hues of Spring have begun to quench my desire for lighter, softer hues and have filled
my l o n g i n g soul. . .







Until next time . . .



On Crooked Creek is joining our dear hostess, Marty @ A Stroll Thru Life for Table Top Tuesday! Be sure to visit for inspiration in your own home decor!




. . . and I'm joining our sweet hostess, Susan @  Between Naps On The Porch for Tablescape Thursday! You've got to visit and see the lovely hand crocheted place mats made by Susan's mother!

12 comments:

Martha said...

Pat -- a very very pretty table and so refreshing!

podso said...

I love the simple lines of this table setting and the calming colors ---so serene and beautiful! You describe it all in such a lovely way!

Anonymous said...

Hi Pat! Your table is so beautiful! Love the touch of the little birds and flowers!
Thanks for popping in to se eme.
be a sweetie,
shelia ;)

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Oh dear Pat, what a beautiful, elegant and inviting tabler. I love white china and yours look like lace. Your napkins are a dream, so lovely. The centerpiece, along with the birds is beautiful. Thank you for your wonderful and kind visit to my den! Hugs,
FABBY

Pat@Back Porch Musings said...

This is beautiful, Pat. I think my first table in the "new" dining room will be these colors.

Gorgeous post!

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

I think it's finally spring all over! There's no explaining our emotional resplonse to color. It can be so intense. Your buttery yellow is wonderful on your sweet table. And I love your pretty new napkins! I also peeked at your gorgeous Lefton tea cup on your pretty tray. Perfect for spring.

The French Hutch said...

Your tablescape is lovely. I love how you let soft pastel yellow be the focus on color. Your china, stems and lines all lovely. Beautiful, beautiful.

~Emily
The French Hutch

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Well, Pat, I adore yellow and this tablescape is stunning. Gorgeous linens and dishes. Your centerpiece is perfect. The container is wonderful with the flowers on one side and the nest on the other. So creative and beautiful. Thanks so much for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

bj said...

ummm, a very lovely table. So summery.
I am in love with your napkins and dishes.
xo bj

Sarah said...

Pat, your table is so lovely in all it's white details. Your napkins and the stack of dishes are so pretty.
Hope you enjoy a Happy Mother's Day! ~ Sarah

Marlis said...

oh i missed this.. shame on me. Your tulips are gorgeous.. Love love the colors and I love the table.. so pretty.. xo marlis

Debby S. said...

Your table is beautiful! I am in love with your napkins and rings!!!!!