The simple pleasures of home shine brighter
when the spirit of God intertwines our hearts
with His gentle Joy.

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Showing Off Our Green. . .

As change continues On Crooked Creek. . . 
we're showing off our green. . .green dishware, that is!



I dearly love my limited collection of majolica dishware!
. . . and I purchase  it  e v e r y w h e r e 
I can find it when out ~ and ~ about!




My latest find are these three ~ leaf,
soft sage Made in Portugal Franciscan dinner plates!




I can not tell you of the times I ate sliced peaches from these swirl green depression dessert bowls at the "Family Farm".  Generous slices of Angel Food cake were served on the dessert plates!


 The green depression batter bowl was a "hidden surprise"! Found among old restaurant glasses in the back of a cupboard. Whether it was for lack of use or for safe keeping...we'll never know.



To keep the hues from becoming overbearing, I added some creamy ivory and brown to the mixture in this built~in china cabinet! "Mr. Ed" adores this lidded tureen. In the Fall, I often serve bean soup laddeled into the individual lidded bowls.




A perfect spot for my adorable majolica Tea Set! In the background is a one ~ of ~ a ~ kind majolica leaf platter!





What a treasured find are these hand~painted bee hive salt & pepper shakers Made in Japan! With hand~painted Sunflowers. . .and you all know how I l o v e Sunflowers!!!



Showing off our green continues On Crooked Creek. . .
premiering soon. . .
the vignette on the buffet top beneath the built ~ in china cabinet!


Until next time. . .

Post a Comment