The simple pleasures of home shine brighter
when the spirit of God intertwines our hearts
with His gentle Joy.

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Showing Off Our Green. . .

As change continues On Crooked Creek. . . 
we're showing off our green. . .green dishware, that is!



I dearly love my limited collection of majolica dishware!
. . . and I purchase  it  e v e r y w h e r e 
I can find it when out ~ and ~ about!




My latest find are these three ~ leaf,
soft sage Made in Portugal Franciscan dinner plates!




I can not tell you of the times I ate sliced peaches from these swirl green depression dessert bowls at the "Family Farm".  Generous slices of Angel Food cake were served on the dessert plates!


 The green depression batter bowl was a "hidden surprise"! Found among old restaurant glasses in the back of a cupboard. Whether it was for lack of use or for safe keeping...we'll never know.



To keep the hues from becoming overbearing, I added some creamy ivory and brown to the mixture in this built~in china cabinet! "Mr. Ed" adores this lidded tureen. In the Fall, I often serve bean soup laddeled into the individual lidded bowls.




A perfect spot for my adorable majolica Tea Set! In the background is a one ~ of ~ a ~ kind majolica leaf platter!





What a treasured find are these hand~painted bee hive salt & pepper shakers Made in Japan! With hand~painted Sunflowers. . .and you all know how I l o v e Sunflowers!!!



Showing off our green continues On Crooked Creek. . .
premiering soon. . .
the vignette on the buffet top beneath the built ~ in china cabinet!


Until next time. . .

9 comments:

Chari at Happy To Design said...

Hi Pat...

I just read your note, dear friend and came right over! I am so happy that you stopped by...thank you! Girl, I sure wished that I was off in some exotic place...wink! Hehe! I really have missed my blogging but I felt so bad that I didn't even sit down to the computer. I'm so much better now though.

Ohhh my...I really enjoyed all of your beautiful "greens" in that lovely china hutch of yours. You have a nice collection of majolica dishware. I don't believe that I own even one piece and I just adore it. I never seem to run across it. Love the green depression glass too! My grandma had an entire set. I remember playing with it when I was small....they were the "play" dishes. Can you believe that? Now they are worth a fortune...I'm sure. My sister-in-law inherited the set after my grandma passed. I chose her pink depression glass. I love that you balanced all the green with a little brown. Love your crockware set! Hmmm..not sure if that is what that type of glassware is called or not? Anyway...your hutch is beautiful and so springy/summery! Can't wait to see the vignette that you created for the hutch top!

Well dear friend, I do hope that my note is finding you and the Mr. both doing well! Have a wonderfully sweet week!

Love ya,
Chari

Martha said...

A very pretty cabinet -- love all of your majolica -- and I do remember seeing some of it at Iron Star! I've admired majolica, thought about getting some but somehow (cabinets full, perhaps) I never do. Perhaps it is just as well!

Anonymous said...

HI Pat! OH, I love seeing your greens! Love that gorgeous platter and those sweet depression glass greens! You're having absolutely too much fun with your china cabinet! :)
Be a sweetie,
shelia ;)

Toni said...

Hi Pat - Your cabbage tureen (?) really caught my eye. What a beautiful collection.

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

Great pieces. Love the s/p shakers I have some similar ones!

bj said...

What beautiful pieces. Yes, I grew up with the green depression glass...and I don't think I have a single piece. I do love it, tho.
It all looks so nice in your hutch.

podso said...

I love green. This post found favor in my eyes! :-) (which also happen to be green).

Curtains in My Tree said...

that all blends together so well. I have been looking at green dishes lately . I have always bought blue & white or red & white transferware dishes

your little hares makes me sad I use to have some and sold them in a yard sale( I want them back ) LOL

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Oh my friend, the green leaf dishes are son pretty, I love them! My mom gave me some green depression glass she had and I posted it couple of months ago, loving yours. The honey pots are so cute, I made them at my company too for the dishes. Your hutch looks wonderful. Thank you for your sweet and lovely comments and wishes for our Sil. Enjoy this great holiday weekend.
FABBY