The simple pleasures of home shine brighter
when the spirit of God intertwines our hearts
with His gentle Joy.

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Prairie Provence Dining?

Can there truly be such a thing?  Yes, dear ones, but only in the Land of Blog On Crooked Creek.

Come in from the heat and relax with my continuation of the French Country Theme On Crooked Creek. Today, I'm joining our gracious hostess Susan @ Between Naps On The Porch for Tablescape Thursday. 


I've removed two of the dining room chairs to make a cozy area for "Mr. Ed" and I as we dine Provence Style. I adore this new soft buttery yellow tablecloth from the Better Homes and Gardens line at our local Wal~Mart!


My dining room hues of reds, golds, and greens are complimented by the softness of this buttery yellow shade. My everyday dishes and flatware are paired with my red Provence place mats. Here I've placed my new red and tan country check napkin atop of the matching Provence napkin enhancing the French Country theme.


Layering is a trademark of tablescapes On Crooked Creek. I adore my sage green dishes with their scalloped rims! The golden over sized dinner plates serve nicely as chargers. The main reason I purchased this set . . . I fell head~over~heels with the handles on these bowls!


Thanks to the labors of the Master Gardener, "Mr. Ed", Sunflowers abound this time of year On Crooked Creek. The Sunflower Patch is just outside the dining room patio doors for our viewing pleasure. You are welcome to view the real Sunflowers here http://oncrookedcreekct.blogspot.com/2011/07/welcome-to-our-patch.html , due to allergies the ones on the table are faux.


This sweet Provence couple with the "harvest of their labors" is one I purchased from Home Interiors many years ago. I, sadly, admit these are the only Hens and Roosters I own.



This adorable little Hen belonged to my dearly beloved mother~in~law. It is a creamer. Mary was of English heritage and always drank her tea with cream! I set the Hen atop a Sunflower dish gifted to me from my daughter~in~law. "Mr. Ed" states she looks as if she's nesting.





Memories abound from this hand painted Rooster bowl from "Mr.Ed's" youth. I can't begin to list all the delicious foods served to him in this bowl. It is a treasured heirloom from his past, gifted to him by his Mother.



The Rooster bowl holds a pair of real peaches On Crooked Creek which will be eaten as soon as they soften.



The addition of my Sunflower pillow is to soften your stay On Crooked Creek as we enjoy Prairie Provence Dining. All too soon our visit has come, once again, to an end.

Until next time. . .



http://www.betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com/
Be sure to visit all the lovely tablescapes @ Tablescape Thursday and be inspired to create an enchanted dining experience for your own home decor! 

19 comments:

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Hi Pat! Of course, you know I love your provencal tablescape! The placemats are so frenchy and I love your layers! How fun to grow real sunflowers! We only got a spindly one when the squirrels buried the birdseed! lol Happy week!...hugs...Debbie

Martha said...

Pat -- A very pretty Prairie Provencal table. I love your dishes and the way you layered your napkins. And what beautiful placemats.

podso said...

I love your tablescape with all that yellow! And the sunflowers--I would love to grow them like you do...at first I thought the ones on your table were real, they look real, but maybe they are too perfect for homegrown. :-)

You are one of my favorite "commenters", but the way, I always appreciate what you say.

Anonymous said...

Hi Pat! Yes, I love your lovely tabelscape! Now you know how I love my fauxs! Your dishes are so sweet and love the one from your mister's past! The little creamer from your MIL is darling! The tiny little figurenes are sweet. Now you could just post this for my party! :)
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Pat@Back Porch Musings said...

Absolutely wonderfu table, Pat!!

Marlis said...

Your table is so pretty and inviting. All the vintage pieces create so much ambiance! Lovely pieces. xo marlis

FABBY'S LIVING said...

I love your provencal pieces, just so pretty this tablescape. The rooster plates are adorable, all your vintage makes this table very special and inviting. Happy TT at Susan's. Hugs, FABBY

we three dogs and me said...

What a sunny inviting table. The sun flowers make a nice finishing touch. I love the rooster dishes.

Alycia Nichols said...

If we can't just pick up, pack up, and head to France...bring France to the Heartland! Perfect!!! I'll bet you had a lot of fun putting this table together!

Taunnie said...

I love French Country and I love you table. Perfect.

Alicia@ eco friendly homemaking said...

Oh your table setting is just beautiful!! You are so talented!!

Pinky at Designs by Pinky said...

Oh Pat, could you please set another place so I can join you and Mr. Ed!!! This is such a beautiful, inviting setting, just a glass of lemonade woujld be fine for me! I love the dishes, all of them! The napkins are beautiful and I always love the placemats. Thanks for sharing this lovely table!!!! Hope your meal was GOOD!!!! XO, Pinky

Karin Şen Cankan said...

Lovely setting and lovely table.

Enjoyed it very much.

Thank you for sharing.

Love,
Karin Şen Cankan
karinsfairytale.blogspot.com

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

How wonderful -- love the little hen creamer -- precious. Those colors are beautiful.

Anonymous said...

What a very pretty and fun tablescape! Sunflowers always make me smile.

I love those little handles on the soup bowls, too. They are so pretty!

Entertaining Women said...

Prairie Provence...I think that this tablescape officially boost you to the level of lifestyle trend setter. So well done and beautifully integrated with your surroundings. Thank you for sharing your lovely design. Cherry Kay

Chari at Happy To Design said...

Hi Pat...

Ohhh...your provencal table is sooo beautiful, sweet friend! Of course, you must know how much I love the red, green, and gold! I love your french country dishes and I agree...the handles on the bowls are awesome! I love that detail!!! I also love how you layered your beautiful napkins...sooo very pretty! I love your placemats...they're perfect with your place settings! Such a warm and colorful table...one that I would love to dine at! Thank you for sharing it with us, Pat...this was such a treat!!!

All of our sunflowers are in bloom here on the prairie grasslands of Colorado too! I just love the sunny ambiance that they offer but like you...I am terribly allergic! Eeeks! I would have never guessed that your pretty bouquet was faux....if you hadn't told us! wink!

Well dear friend, thanks so much for coming by my place! I always enjoy your visits and sweet notes! Thank you!!!

Warmest summery wishes,
Chari

Anita at Cedar Hill said...

I love the layers. It looks so cozy, I love all of the color too.

Linda (Nina's Nest) said...

What a beautiful setting! And the sunflowers homegrown - lucky you! It's a very inviting tablescape! Linda