The simple pleasures of home shine brighter
when the spirit of God intertwines our hearts
with His gentle Joy.

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Prairie Provence Dining?

Can there truly be such a thing?  Yes, dear ones, but only in the Land of Blog On Crooked Creek.

Come in from the heat and relax with my continuation of the French Country Theme On Crooked Creek. Today, I'm joining our gracious hostess Susan @ Between Naps On The Porch for Tablescape Thursday. 


I've removed two of the dining room chairs to make a cozy area for "Mr. Ed" and I as we dine Provence Style. I adore this new soft buttery yellow tablecloth from the Better Homes and Gardens line at our local Wal~Mart!


My dining room hues of reds, golds, and greens are complimented by the softness of this buttery yellow shade. My everyday dishes and flatware are paired with my red Provence place mats. Here I've placed my new red and tan country check napkin atop of the matching Provence napkin enhancing the French Country theme.


Layering is a trademark of tablescapes On Crooked Creek. I adore my sage green dishes with their scalloped rims! The golden over sized dinner plates serve nicely as chargers. The main reason I purchased this set . . . I fell head~over~heels with the handles on these bowls!


Thanks to the labors of the Master Gardener, "Mr. Ed", Sunflowers abound this time of year On Crooked Creek. The Sunflower Patch is just outside the dining room patio doors for our viewing pleasure. You are welcome to view the real Sunflowers here http://oncrookedcreekct.blogspot.com/2011/07/welcome-to-our-patch.html , due to allergies the ones on the table are faux.


This sweet Provence couple with the "harvest of their labors" is one I purchased from Home Interiors many years ago. I, sadly, admit these are the only Hens and Roosters I own.



This adorable little Hen belonged to my dearly beloved mother~in~law. It is a creamer. Mary was of English heritage and always drank her tea with cream! I set the Hen atop a Sunflower dish gifted to me from my daughter~in~law. "Mr. Ed" states she looks as if she's nesting.





Memories abound from this hand painted Rooster bowl from "Mr.Ed's" youth. I can't begin to list all the delicious foods served to him in this bowl. It is a treasured heirloom from his past, gifted to him by his Mother.



The Rooster bowl holds a pair of real peaches On Crooked Creek which will be eaten as soon as they soften.



The addition of my Sunflower pillow is to soften your stay On Crooked Creek as we enjoy Prairie Provence Dining. All too soon our visit has come, once again, to an end.

Until next time. . .



http://www.betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com/
Be sure to visit all the lovely tablescapes @ Tablescape Thursday and be inspired to create an enchanted dining experience for your own home decor! 
Post a Comment