The simple pleasures of home shine brighter
when the spirit of God intertwines our hearts
with His gentle Joy.

Monday, August 1, 2011

Pears and Pomegranates. . .

Thrifty finds abound in the Land of Blog!

This Table Top Tuesday is all about thrifty finds On Crooked Creek. My French Country Galley Kitchen is abundantly overflowing with warm reds, golds and greens. Their hues are complimented by the creamy off~white cabinetry with flat back hardware.

I faced a difficult decision when arriving On Crooked Creek. I found two wallpapers @ our local Sherwin~Williams Store with this color palette. One contained Country Sunflowers. The other traditional Pears and Pomegranates.


The Pears and Pomegranates won over the Sunflowers largely in part because I have inherited my maternal Grandmother's fruit plates. The set contains four different motifs, each depicting a different fruit. My favorite fruit in home decor is the pear! Pomegranates are a close second.




Imagine my joy when I purchased a plastic bag full of assorted blank note cards @ Roadhouse Antiques Yard Sale Room to find these among the cast offs. Cost. . .$1.00 for the bag! The frames were purchased at a nearby consignment shop for $2.00 each. They were already double matted in ivory and sage green. So~o~o. . .for $5.00, I had a pair of traditional fruit prints!



I adore how they make a stunning backdrop for my newly purchased white bowls from Nell Hill's. The basket weave design and handles make these such versatile pieces. They are food safe and could be used for serving bowls at the buffet or dining table. I prefer to pile them full of my favorite faux fruit. . .pears!



Adding the wicker tray, red lamp with its red and tan checked shade and wrought iron rustic birds keeps the theme French Country and blends nicely with the Traditional. The faux yellow zinnias on the wrought iron pedestal adds a softness, as does the sage green and ivory table runner atop the buffet.



Adding more faux ceramic pears in all whites, cream and green extends the pear and pomegranates the entire length of the buffet. Look closely and you'll see the drawer pulls are pears, as well!



On Crooked Creek is joining our multi talented hostess, Marty @ A Stroll Thru Life for Table Top Tuesday. Marty has some of the best table top vignettes in Blog Land. Be sure to visit all the creative ladies vignettes and be inspired for your own home decor.



Stop by for another visit On Crooked Creek on Thursday and see the continuation of this French Country Theme with my Thursday Tablescape.

Until next time. . .
Post a Comment