The simple pleasures of home shine brighter
when the spirit of God intertwines our hearts
with His gentle Joy.

Monday, August 1, 2011

Pears and Pomegranates. . .

Thrifty finds abound in the Land of Blog!

This Table Top Tuesday is all about thrifty finds On Crooked Creek. My French Country Galley Kitchen is abundantly overflowing with warm reds, golds and greens. Their hues are complimented by the creamy off~white cabinetry with flat back hardware.

I faced a difficult decision when arriving On Crooked Creek. I found two wallpapers @ our local Sherwin~Williams Store with this color palette. One contained Country Sunflowers. The other traditional Pears and Pomegranates.


The Pears and Pomegranates won over the Sunflowers largely in part because I have inherited my maternal Grandmother's fruit plates. The set contains four different motifs, each depicting a different fruit. My favorite fruit in home decor is the pear! Pomegranates are a close second.




Imagine my joy when I purchased a plastic bag full of assorted blank note cards @ Roadhouse Antiques Yard Sale Room to find these among the cast offs. Cost. . .$1.00 for the bag! The frames were purchased at a nearby consignment shop for $2.00 each. They were already double matted in ivory and sage green. So~o~o. . .for $5.00, I had a pair of traditional fruit prints!



I adore how they make a stunning backdrop for my newly purchased white bowls from Nell Hill's. The basket weave design and handles make these such versatile pieces. They are food safe and could be used for serving bowls at the buffet or dining table. I prefer to pile them full of my favorite faux fruit. . .pears!



Adding the wicker tray, red lamp with its red and tan checked shade and wrought iron rustic birds keeps the theme French Country and blends nicely with the Traditional. The faux yellow zinnias on the wrought iron pedestal adds a softness, as does the sage green and ivory table runner atop the buffet.



Adding more faux ceramic pears in all whites, cream and green extends the pear and pomegranates the entire length of the buffet. Look closely and you'll see the drawer pulls are pears, as well!



On Crooked Creek is joining our multi talented hostess, Marty @ A Stroll Thru Life for Table Top Tuesday. Marty has some of the best table top vignettes in Blog Land. Be sure to visit all the creative ladies vignettes and be inspired for your own home decor.



Stop by for another visit On Crooked Creek on Thursday and see the continuation of this French Country Theme with my Thursday Tablescape.

Until next time. . .

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Pat! First of all I love that pretty wallpaper! Those are lovely plates and your little pear prints are so sweet. You've set up a very pretty vignette too. Love those little white bowls! :) Wish I had a big ole juicy pear right about now.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Unknown said...

Just lovely!! It all looks beautiful together. Love the prints, and the entire vignette!

Babs said...

Pat, Your pear prints and vignettes are so lovely.I like the basket with your new bowls and the little red lamp.I love a lamp on hutch. It alwasy give a warm and cozy glow to everything.
Nicely done Pat.
Hugs,
Babs

Pinky at Designs by Pinky said...

HI Pat, that is one pretty vignette! I love the prints! I also love pears, real or faux!!!! That runner is perfect there too. XO, Pinky

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

Your plates that were your Grandmothers I love! Your vignette on your cabinet is so pretty with your new basket bowls! I have a bird trough in the living room wtih pears...love that color.

Apple of His Eye said...

Hi Pat,
Love your tabletop with the fruit and pictures! It's lovely and the red lamp! Oh that's adorable too!

Thank you stopping by my blog today. Glad you like my treasures as well.
Hugs,
LaDonna

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

I love fruit motifs too! I really like those white ceramic pears.

PAINTORDIG.blogspot.com said...

Beautiful grouping. I love the wallpaper and the plates too.

Martha said...

Wonderful wallpaper and great prints -- cards are a great place for some great prints!!! And what a bargain!!!!

I love both pears and pomegranates, too. And those white bowls from Nell Hill's -- perfect!

Designs on 47th Street said...

Fun stuff going on at your house! I love pears and you have put this vignette together well. Great nell Hill's bowls too! I am going to be driving near there this week. Would love to stop and see the Atchison store. It's still my favorite!
Donna

Terriea Kwong said...

Stumbled into your blog again. Wow, love all the table settings, the ceramics inspired me. The framed sunflower and the previous post of sunflowers are stunning. Very summer and French feel. LOVE all.

FABBY'S LIVING said...

The pictures, the faux pears, the white bowls and everything else you've put together to make such a pretty vignette...I love it! Hugs, FABBY

Anita at Cedar Hill said...

So pretty, I especially love your white baskets from Nell Hill's.

Shannon@Cozy Home Scenes said...

Your kitchen is very pretty decorated with the fruit motif. I really like your grandmother's plates. I'm sure she likes the way you gave them such prominence in your home. Shannon

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

First off, I totally love your buffet, it is fabulous and your vignette is stunning. I love the framed prints and then all of the additional pears you added. The little lamp is so perfect and the bird and basket give it such a lovely rustic element. You know I would spot the runner at an angle and I think it is fabulous. You really have created a beautiful vignette. Thanks so much for the kind words and thanks for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

Chari at Happy To Design said...

Hi Pat...

I love your kitchen wallpaper! It is a pattern and color that I would have picked for my home! We really do have similar design tastes, I believe! And...pears are my favorite fruit to decorate as well! It's funny...I was just thinking about changing out the summer green apples for my golden pears...getting ready for a little autumn decor! I even took my pear plates out of the hutch and placed them on my dining room table! Hehe! Now I need to get busy and do something pretty with them. I love how you used the pears in your hutch vignette! Simply gorgeous, my friend! The white bowls that you got from Nell Hill's are lovely! I would have picked them up in a heartbeat! Hehe! I also love your white ceramic pears that you have added to that pretty vignette too!

Wow! What a great treasure find...the pretty pear cards or prints. They are gorgeous framed! Love, love, LOVE this vignette! Thanks for sharing it with us!

Warmest wishes,
Chari