The simple pleasures of home shine brighter
when the spirit of God intertwines our hearts
with His gentle Joy.

Monday, August 15, 2011

What's On The Menu? 6

On Crooked Creek "Mr. Ed" has designed my newest logo for  
What's On The Menu?
 Didn't he do a fabulous design? As I was getting our dinner out of the oven, "Mr. Ed" place the serving fork and spoon on the table to surprise me! Delightful!!!


What's On The Menu?

Stuffed Bell Peppers
Garlic Parmesan Cheese Italian Bread
Pound Cake with Mixed Berries
Iced Tea

With temperatures cooling from triple digits to double digits ~ it was time to turn up the heat On Crooked Creek dining choices!!!


Stuffed Bell Peppers hold some precious memories for "Mr. Ed" and I. My maternal Grandmother, a restaurant owner during the post war days, taught me to make this tasty dish my first year of our marriage.



That same year, "Mr. Ed" and I accompanied his (our) family to Kansas City for a day at the American Royal. My dearly loved father~in~law ordered. . . stuffed peppers.



Although my dearly beloved mother~in~law was the best yeast bread, angel food cake and sugar cookie baker in our county . . . she had never made bell peppers. Our very next garden harvest season ~ I taught her to make stuffed peppers. I don't know who was the most pleased ~ we ladies ~ or the men. Treasured memories!



Bread is one of my dietary indulgences!
Garlic Parmesan Italian Bread is my signature bread On Crooked Creek.


Garlic Parmesan Italian Bread:

1 loaf of Italian Bread, sliced
1 stick butter, unsalted and room temperature
1/3 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. dried dill weed
1/2 tsp. dried parsley flakes

Using a herb mortar bowl, grind the dill weed and the parsley until a fine powder consistency.
In a small bowl, combine the grated parmesan cheese, garlic powder, dill and parsley until well blended.



Slice the Italian Bread on the diagonal.
Butter the slices and spoon on about a tablespoon serving size on each slice.




I usually work on two slices at a time and put the slices face ~ to ~face; rebuilding the slices back into a loaf as I work.




Wrap the loaf in aluminum foil and place on a cookie sheet. Dot the top with remaining butter and parmesan mixture.
Place in a 350 degree oven for 10 to 12 minutes.




Serve hot from the oven.



The last of this weeks Pound Cake sliced and topped with select frozen berries thawed to room temperature.



On Crooked Creek, as we set the table and begin our dining, we always stop to give thanks. . .




What's On The Menu?






On Crooked Creek is joining our gracious hostess Yvonne @ StoneGable for On The Menu Monday! Be sure to stop by for menu inspirations for your own family along with recipes, tips and more! Make or bake some treasured memories of your own!


www.stonegable.blogspot.com


 What's On The Menu? Serving ware delightfully switched to mimic the internationally recognized sign for restaurant.




Until next time. . .


7 comments:

Kelsie from Our Country Home and Studio Photography said...

Oh Pat it looks very yummy...We love stuffed peppers here too...How cute Mr Ed is for creating you a new logo.

Blessings Kelsie

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

Pat, I love you new logo! Kudos to Mr. Ed!
Your garlic parmesan italian bread is a true keeper!I am such a bread person... I could eat that entire loaf!
Thanks for being a sweet participant in ON THE MENU MONDAY and your very kind comments on your post!
Blessings to you, my friend!
xo Yvonne

Shannon@Cozy Home Scenes said...

Pat, everything looks yummy! I have never liked green peppers but they look very good the way you made them.
Pound cake is a favorite of mine so I would probably ask for seconds. Hehe. Hope you have a great week!
Shannon.

Pinky at Designs by Pinky said...

We love stuffed peppers here too, Pat! Please tell Mr. Ed that he is THE MAN:):) That pound cake looks SO good!!!! I love anything with berries! I'm on my way to a girls dinner at a friends house and am bringing "Confetti Corn", it is good too and I will have to post it one day. Have a great week. XO, Pinky

allifirst said...

Will you post the recipe for the Stuffed Bell Pepper!! It looks amazing!!
Thanks,
Alli

Jacqueline said...

Sinfully delicious! Everything looks so fabulous. I love the crossed silverware too!

I have never seen stuffed peppers made so decadently! I never thought they had enough stuffing and you just let it flow over into the plate - yum, that is really doing it up right. The bread is my weakness too! I think I could live off bread.
Thanks for your sweet visit!

Martha said...

Everything looks yummy and we love stuffed peppers in the summer!