So~o~o. . .I baked some cookies!
One of my most enjoyable magazines is Tea Time magazine. While browsing the January / February 2011 edition, I came across a recipe for cashew cookies. I crave anything with cashews! ! !
"Mr. Ed" just likes nuts!
All the required ingredients are, basically, those in every household pantry.
3/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 large egg
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
1/2 cup finely chopped cashews
1/3 cup rolled oats
1/4 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat brown sugar and butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until fluffy. Add egg, beating well. Add vanilla extract, beating to combine. set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Gradually add to butter mixture, beating until combined. Add cashews, oats and chocolate chips, beating to combine.
- Using a 1 ~inch spring loaded scoop, scoop dough into portions. Using hands, roll portions into balls.
- Place 2 inches apart on baking sheets. Bake until edges are lightly browned, 8 to 10 minutes.
- let cool on pans for 2 minutes. Remove from pans, and cool completely on wire racks.
- Store in airtight container.
. . . 2 dozen cashew cookies! Exactly!!!
M~m~m~. . .
what better way to chase away a hot, sweltering day on the Prairie than Cashew Cookies Under Glass?
Chasing away. . .
sweltering days. . .
. . .on the prairie!
Won't you join me dear???
Until next time. . .
On Crooked Creek is joining our sweet hostess Yvonne @ StoneGable for On The Menu Monday! Be sure to visit for menus, recipes, tips and inspiration for your family's meals!!!