The simple pleasures of home shine brighter
when the spirit of God intertwines our hearts
with His gentle Joy.

Monday, October 15, 2012

Bits 'n Pieces Nearing Completion!


Dear Ones,
On Crooked Creek, has truly been a flurry of activity!!!
As "Mr. Ed" and I are nearing completion...only 5 work days remain until Bits 'n Pieces joins Unique Antique Market!!! 







"Mr. Ed" has made some of the most amazing boxes. . .


his "unique" tin men. . .

 
some recognizable from the Golden Screen. . . 
 
 
others from the longest running Television Series. . .



and swinging Betty and Bob.



Once the saw dust and spray paint mist cleared. . .
I became one with the sewing machine . . .

 
 
 


and made a "Little Miss Muffet" stool!


Simply slip~covered for easy cleaning!!!


Next, I moved to some vignette display ideas
for Autumnal vintage inspired merchandise!


 
 
Robert Douglas Hunter still life prints
combined with vintage wooden spools, wooden double recipe box, footed wooden bowl and some supporting accessories!



 


 
While my creativity was flowing,
I decided to design a "unique" hat for the event!
 

Using a few bits of florals and berries. . .

 
and a piece of vintage lace. . .
I decorated this bewitching hat that will  eventually become part of a SPOOKtacular display!
 
I'm thrilled to say all the burlap stars are finished and hanging on the tree!!!
Yet, ladies, there is still much to complete!
 
 
 
Inventory, pricing, photographing, packing, loading...
I do enJOY this and look forward to the event each time
"Mr.Ed" and I participate!
 
So~o~o. . .
that being said. . .
it's time to get back in the Art Studio On Crooked Creek . . .
and prepare for Bits 'n Pieces debut!
 
#5 days and counting. . .
 
 
Until next time. . .
Post a Comment