The simple pleasures of home shine brighter
when the spirit of God intertwines our hearts
with His gentle Joy.

Thursday, October 25, 2012

FALL Programming???

To say that "Mr. Ed" and I have been a mite disappointed in the television FALL Programming would be an understatement. To top it off, our local cable channel has now changed the TV Guide, as well! Annoying to set and continually flip through the channels, I have resorted to reading through the evening hours!



So~o~o. . .
that being said,
I watch the Entertainment Center more than view the television.



This past week,
On Crooked Creek, we changed the FALL Programming
to a Nature inspired look using deer sheds and pine cones!!!


"Mr. Ed" was all to obliging
to bring the box of deer sheds from the lower living area
to our Living Room for selection!


Camouflaged discretely behind the gilded birds
is a full fledged deer rack!
"Mr. Ed's" 2009 trophy!



As you can see,
we tucked them beneath the magnolia leaves,
then nestled pine cones around for a natural effect.



Nature subtly defined atop the Entertainment Center.


Now...
the most challenging space. . .
those stereo speakers!!!


With a change in strategy,
this time I placed faux magnolia greenery swags top each speaker.



I adore my glass, crackle pumpkins!!!
Their texture and hue were the main element
in this open shelf vignette!



Adding the concrete planter,
filled with pine cones,
brought in the rustic natural elements.


A drought ridden Summer
has left the Prairie's Autumnal hues somewhat soft and subdued.
I chose decor elements with those same hues to fill the cabinets.


The bottom shelf of this cabinet
holds "Mr. Ed's" newest squirrel figurine from our
Annual Trout Fishing Trip.



This sweetie appears to be overwhelmed with JOY
as he scurries to take his bounty home!



Pumpkins and a Sunflower cloche
fill the opposite side of the Entertainment Center.


I kept the open shelving at the bottom
free of books. Placing, instead, my green pottery jars
and one of "Mr. Ed's" deer sheds for his viewing pleasure!


 
The opposite side holds another furry creature find
from this Fall. Placed atop a creamy ivory leaf plate
he, too, is overJOYed with his bountiful find!
 


Regardless of the FALL Programming,
On Crooked Creek's Entertainment Center
will provide Nature inspired views for our pleasure!!!





Until next time. . .

9 comments:

Pinky at Designs by Pinky said...

I love what you have done! I, too, brought the deer sheds that my sweet BIL gave me last year, down to Joe for HIS new entertainment center. My BIL also sent 2 turtle shells that I love too. I am still going through boxes looking for more decorative items for Joe's shelves. Thank you for this inspiration! XO, Pinky

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh all of your vignettes look so pretty. I love how you mix nature into all of your displays. Gorgeous. Hugs, Marty

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

Just love all your little squirrels and of course your white pumpkins!

podso said...

I'm showing my ignorance when I say I did not know the word deer "shed" before but finally figured out what it is!!

I like what you have done. Yes you are right.. Here is nothing on tv these days.. I hope you have a good weekend.

Anonymous said...

Hi Pat! Oh, I totally agree, TV is just no good anymore. We end up watching Fox News too much! Now I love your entertainment center. What a great piece and I love how you've Falled it up! Looks great!
be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Anonymous said...

I think you need to share some of those deer sheds!! My hubby has a huge elk one which I cannot figure out how to look pretty like you have in your arrangements so it is still sitting in his office!
You have done a great job with your pretty vignettes!!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Love your entertainment center and all of your gorgeous decor. Stunning. Thanks for joining TTT Hugs, Marty

Susan Smith said...

I am very interested in the oval platter that you added to your ironstone dinnerware collection with USA on the back. If you have any more information, I would greatly appreciate what you can tell me about the history of that plate. You can contact me epabaxter@yahoo.com Thank you so much for your time and I love the blog, keep up the work. BTW beautiful displays. Have a blessed day.

On Crooked Creek said...

Susan Smith,
The oval platter with USA on the back came from a recent find @ Paramount Antique Mall. I have a limited collection of Ironstone...even more limited knowledge. I chose the platter due to the simplicity and hue...nothing more, nothing less. At some point, in the near future, I may consider expanding my collection. Try to google Ironstone for more information. Thank you for your visit and kind comment today On Crooked Creek.
Fondly,
Pat