The simple pleasures of home shine brighter
when the spirit of God intertwines our hearts
with His gentle Joy.

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Pumpkin Vines & Gourds. . .

Dear Ones,
"Mr. Ed" and I have returned from a much needed restful Annual Trout Fishing Trip to Bennett Spring! NOW. . .we are busily making preparations for an upcoming adventure!!! I'll be sharing more about that in a future post!
I'll be making my rounds trying desperately to "catch" up with what's new in your spot in the Land of Blog!I've missed you, dear ones!
Fondly,
Pat

An Autumnal centerpiece
calls for pumpkin vines and gourds . . .




 



This past Summer,
On Crooked Creek,
"Mr. Ed" made a custom box for the round dining table.




Dear Ones,
before I had finished decorating it with bees and honey. . .
"Mr.Ed" was taking measurements
and making another custom box for the rectangular dining table!!!




 



I had him stain this wooden rectangular box
with  golden oak to compliment my heirloom dining table.
After two coats of stain. . .
and two days of waiting for the stain to dry. . .
I began filling the box with pumpkin vines and gourds!




To fill the box from the bottom up,
I had to remove the dowel rod handle.
The bottom is filled with a magnolia leaf swag,
atop the swag is another pumpkin vine and gourd swag.




 



I added black ~ eyed Susan's,
additional pumpkins and gourds!




I adore how the hues of the pumpkin vines and gourds
mimic the color palette of the plaid Autumnal tablecloth!

Just a note:
A special word of thanks to my dear friend, Pat @ Back Porch Musings!  Pat does the most amazing things with her home decor and gave me the inspiration needed to fill my Autumnal centerpiece! (Click on the link to see her magnificent Autumnal dough bowl!!! )
AND...ladies, I am ever so grateful to the many creative talents of my dear husband, "Mr. Ed" who continually inspires and allows me to create spaces in our home...here On Crooked Creek!


Until next time. . .

4 comments:

Shenita @ Embellishments by SLR said...

Well, Pat, just when I think that you are done, you come up with another wonderful creation! Lol! Your box is beautiful; and how nice of your hubby to make not one, but two, for you! That is so sweet!

Martha said...

What beautiful arrangements. And it is NOW Fall! There is some bittersweet on the mantle and a pumpkin out front at Linderhof and that is as far as I've got!

But you have inspired me!

podso said...

Pat, it looks wonderful! Yay for your husband for his thoughtful craftsmanship on your behalf (and ours to enjoy as well.) Glad you had such a refreshing time away.

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

Pat, what a sweet thing for your hubby to make you!! Your box looks stunning filled with all that fall finery! So so pretty!