The simple pleasures of home shine brighter
when the spirit of God intertwines our hearts
with His gentle Joy.

Sunday, October 14, 2012

Glowing Bronze Orbs. . .

Before my arrival On Crooked Creek,
"Mr. Ed" and I visited this side of the Prairie to be with our son.

During one such visit,
our son took us to some unique shops in Old Town. . .
where I was quite smitten with this darling vintage dresser!


The price was reasonable for the quality.
I knew it would be a "perfect fit"
for the small guest room in our "dream home",
BUT. . . "Mr. Ed" said, "NO!"
End of discussion!!!


Or, so I thought.
Shortly after our visit to see our son, I got a phone call.



Our son told me he was having the dresser delivered to the neighboring town. "Mr. Ed" was to pick up the dresser at the local Hardware Store. My Mother's Day Gift that year, the dresser set in the Guest Room at the "dream home" and here
On Crooked Creek!



When I acquired an heirloom cherry side table from my Dad,
the matching end tables were moved to the lower level Family Room. Much to the surprise and delight of our son, the dresser was moved to the Living Room to fill the voided space!!!



An Autumnal vignette is simply a Mother's Day Gift from my son
combined with a cloche of glowing bronze orbs !




Until next time. . .

5 comments:

Pinky at Designs by Pinky said...

What a great story! Your son knows a great Mother's day gift when he sees one:) What a sweetheart. It looks beautiful with the orbs and cloche. Hope you are having a beautiful Sunday. I am off to grocery shop and maybe some other shopping too:) My back is MUCH better today; I went to bed last night at 8:30 (unheard of for me) and woke up with no pain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so happy to feel NORMAL again. XO, Pinky

Anonymous said...

Hi Pat! What a wonderful story and what a thoughtful son too. It's a lovely piece and you've decorated it just gorgeously.
Be a sweetie,
shelia ;)

Martha said...

What a sweet story and what a charming dresser. And I like your orbs. A nice vignette.

Shenita @ Embellishments by SLR said...

Pat, this was such a great story! What a thoughtful gift!!! Your vignette is just wonderful!

podso said...

What a thoughtful son! Love the story, And the dresser is beautiful!