The simple pleasures of home shine brighter
when the spirit of God intertwines our hearts
with His gentle Joy.

Thursday, November 15, 2012

Everlasting Pumpkin. . .

Although we are days from the ending of Autumn,
many of the Season's pumpkins
are beginning to surmise to their fate.



Towards the end of September,
I purchased this adorable Pumpkin Tea Pot! ! !


A thrifty find
Pumpkin Tea Pot. . .$5.00 !

When I spotted it on a shelf,
in a quaint Antique Shop in Iola, Kansas. . .
my mind was transported to my childhood
and the Story of Cinderella!




Arriving On Crooked Creek with the petite Pumpkin Tea Pot,
I gave it a Seasonal place of honor on our dining room table.



I paired the tea pot with my petite Pumpkin creamer and lidded sugar bowl and placed it atop a leather embossed rectangular tray.


Another thrifty find. . .
Acorn Embossed Plate. . .$1.95 !

Sharing the spotlight is another of our vacation finds.
This caramel hued acorn and oak leaf embossed plate is a perfect serving tray to contain our acorn salt and pepper shakers.




To accentuate the pumpkin orange and acorn caramel hues, I chose my Tangier's paisley scalloped quilted place mats for our final Autumnal tablescape.



My golden Chili Peppers dinner plates with brown rims are topped with a green cabbage leaf salad plate
from my Majolica Bordallo Pinhiero Collection.



Our everyday beaded flatware
and the reverse petite floral print napkin,
held with wrought iron leaf napkin ring
bring visual interest in keeping with our Autumnal hues.



Simple claret stemware suffices as our water goblet
and allows all the vibrant hues of Autumn to shine
throughout our dining rooms Indian Summer sunlight.




While this Seasons Pumpkins will soon meet their doom,
for days and years to come On Crooked Creek,
I'll continue to enjoy my everlasting Pumpkin Tea Pot !


Until next time. . .

www.betweennapsontheporch.net


On Crooked Creek is joining our sweet hostess, Susan @ Between Naps On The Porch for Tablescape Thursday! Be sure to visit for creative and inspiring tablescapes to use in your own home decor!
Post a Comment