The simple pleasures of home shine brighter
when the spirit of God intertwines our hearts
with His gentle Joy.

Friday, November 2, 2012

Autumnal Gatherings. . .

Since returning  On Crooked Creek from vacation,
our Social Calendar has been filled with . . .
Autumnal Gatherings!!!


Pat enjoying Annual Trout Fishing Trip @
Bennett Spring State Park!!!

Oh, what total JOY
to help celebrate my BEST FRIEND (ever) from High School
Mother's 100th Birthday!!!

The Birthday Girl!
Edna Gorman

What a blessing this "precious lady" has been in my life!!!


The Birthday Girl and My Best Friend!!!
Pat, Edna and Rosann

To be invited to this joyous celebration was such a privilege. . .
then to be included in the day's photographs was a precious memory in my life!

Rosann and her beautiful daughter, Amber!
"Mr. Ed" was so~o~o good to take a few snapshots for us!
I want to forever hold this day close to my heart!


Pat with Amber and Rosann.
I know you've heard it said ~
that when you have a true friendship,
even though a great deal of time may have passed. . .
when you see each other again,
it's as if no time at all has passed at all!
That's "exactly" the way it is with Rosann and I!!!



Pat and Rosann sharing ideas for Edna's breakfast!!!
Thank you, dear friend, Rosann for allowing "Mr. Ed" and I
to be a part of Edna's celebration!!!

Having lived On Crooked Creek for ten years now,
I have been blessed with another group of friends. . .
my JOY Circle Group!


Every year for our October meeting,
we are hosted at the home of the Pam (seated)
for an Outdoor Cook~Out!

Add caption

Each member brings a side dish.
Hot dogs are cooked over an open fire. . .
followed by S'mores!
Then we gather around the campfire, light sparklers and sing!!!

 
Each of these precious ladies are a true JOY in my life!!!
The friendship, love and support they continually give one another is an outward example of "Making God's Love Real"!!!

Another group of ladies
have included me in their monthly "ladies day out"!!!
I'm thrilled to be a part of this amazing group of "new friends".
Currently, we are in the process
of planning a Progressive Christmas Brunch!!!

So~o~o. . .
for now, I'll enjoy each event as it happens.
Autumnal Gatherings. . .
On Crooked Creek!!!



Until next time. . .

5 comments:

Martha said...

How fun to help someone celebrate 100! and your Joy Circle looks like a good group of friends.

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

What a great blessing to have such wonderful friends. Your friends Mother looks great!
Keep having fun.

Pinky at Designs by Pinky said...

A Progressive Christmas Brunch!!!!!!!! That is a GREAT idea. I am going to try to get that going here!!! I, too am blessed with so many wonderful friends. Your friends Mother looks AMAZING!!!!!!! She doesn't look 80 let alone 100!!!!! Please ask her her secret. Have a beautiful weekend, my friend. I am blessed to ahve YOUR friendship too. XO, Piky

Anonymous said...

Hi Pat! Oh, what a celebration to be at your friend's mothers 100 birthday! What a treasure. She looks great and I hope her health is good too. You are so blessed to have so many good friends too. You look beautiful in your snaps and I hope you're having a wonderful weekend.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia :)

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

Thank YOU Pat for sharing your special day and special friends! They are blessed to know you!