The simple pleasures of home shine brighter
when the spirit of God intertwines our hearts
with His gentle Joy.

Saturday, December 29, 2012

Christmas Tablescape + Left~overs!

I've been missing ~ in ~ action
due to a viral bug
that I apparently contacted on Christmas Eve.



So~o~o,
that's why I'm just now getting around
to show you our Christmas Tablescape!

 
 
The even years are our years to host
Christmas On Crooked Creek!




Our decision to extend the table
was made when our son phoned to expand the Christmas Menu!




Using the Traditional centerpiece,
I brought in some sprigs of evergreen, holly and ivy,
and some red berries
to extend the center of our now oval table.




Single creamy ivory tapers
in my single silver candle holders
determine where the centerpiece ends.





At each place setting,
I sat my silver place card holders
with handmade place cards!
Individual white scalloped bud vases
hold a single "real" red rose and baby's breath.
A vintage etched rose glass served as our stemware.



Despite my son and "Mr. Ed's" objection,
I placed vintage damask white napkins at each setting.
(Just before serving,
I placed an elegant white paper napkin atop the cloth one!)




A special thank you to "Mr. Ed"
for taking these photos before we all sat down
for our Christmas On Crooked Creek Celebration!



Due to multiple allergies,
fresh flowers are seldom used On Crooked Creek!

This year I made the decision to use "real roses".
I was thrilled to find vibrant red roses
for a dollar over what one long stem rose normally cost!



So~o~o,
keeping the one long stemmed rose in it's bud vase,
I grouped the four bud vases at the base to create
a left ~ over centerpiece!



Using my everyday white dinnerware as chargers,
I added my smaller sage green dinner plate to our settings.



Black scalloped place mats and runner 
provide a striking contrast for a table ~ for ~two.
Red napkins gathered in berry and leaf napkin rings
bring a cohesiveness by adding another pop of red!



The sage green of the dinnerware
compliments the green in the print of the place mat
as seen in this rim shot.


Another vintage rose etched glass .
The information on this recent purchase
will be seen in an upcoming post!



Just when you thought these roses had met their fate,
I used a new floral arranger
and have yet another floral centerpiece!



Feeling better day ~ by ~day,
I have all of the Christmas On Crooked Creek
down and packed away until Christmas 2013!

I want to wish all of you who follow
                On Crooked Creek
                                           a very Happy New Year!


Until next time. . .

6 comments:

Marigene said...

Pat, I am so sorry you have been under the weather...hope you are feeling better.
Your tables are lovely...love the silver compote overflowing with fruit.
Wishing you a very Happy, Healthy New Year.

Dewena said...

This is such a beautiful table, in all its variations. Classic, elegant, serene. I too love to make any fresh flowers purchased last as long as possible, changing the water at least every other day and cutting the stems back each time. I love your sage greens mixed with white and the roses as accents. Glad you're beginning to feel better now.

Pinky at Designs by Pinky said...

Your table (and FOOD) looked fabulous! I LOVE real roses too and yours sure have lasted beautifully!. What are the salad plates? Brand, pattern? I think you posted about them but I can't remember. Hoping you feel MUCH better soon, my friend. XO, Pinky

NanaDiana said...

Pat- I am sorry you are sick but I can't believe you got everything packed away already. I love your Christmas table. It looks beautiful.

Here's hoping that you stay well in 2013. xo Diana

FABBY'S LIVING said...

I am a little under the weather right now too and wish I got better for the new year's eve party, at a friend's house.
Your table is gorgeous! I love the dishes, the centerpiece and everything else, along with the yummy food! Wow, packed away..I'm too tired for that yet. There's a custom around here that you put things away after Jan 6th. or Three Kings Day. Anyway, you're so lucky you got it out of your way, just the same. Thanks for your sweet visit, hope we see each other next year too. Wishing you a great, happy and healthy 2013, lovely lady.
FABBY

The Tablescaper said...

So pretty! Love your centerpiece.

Would love to have you at Seasonal Sundays.

- the Tablescaper