The simple pleasures of home shine brighter
when the spirit of God intertwines our hearts
with His gentle Joy.

Sunday, December 30, 2012

The Bell Tolls. . .

The bell tolls soon
       for the coming of a New Year!



A more streamlined look is in store
On Crooked Creek as we embrace our Traditional roots!



Since retiring in June 2012,
I've purged every cabinet, closet, drawer and shelf.



Our local Thrift Shop and Goodwill have been the
beneficiary of most of my editing attempts.



By eliminating the excess decor styles,
I have found a greater sense of calm in our home.



Keeping the heirlooms from our families hand ~ me ~ downs
keeps the memories alive and brings us tranquil comfort.



A sense of peace flows over my being
when I gaze upon similar Traditional decor
that was embedded upon me during my youth.



For me,
it is as if there is no longer any pretense.



Free, at last,
to embrace all that I am. . .
all that I was destined to become.



So ~o~o. . .
as the bells toll midnight
and 2013 comes into view,
I'll be embarking upon a new journey.



A journey from within
that will become an external reflection On Crooked Creek!


It is my hope that you will
"come experience the journey of life On Crooked Creek!"


Until next time. . .

www.astrollthrulife.blogspot.com
 

On Crooked Creek is joining Marty
@ A Stroll Thru Life for Table Top Tuesday.
Be sure to visit for inspiration
through featured guest and weekly participants.

7 comments:

NanaDiana said...

I am looking forward to following a new you into the New Year-Blessings- xo Diana

Babs said...

Looking forward to joining you in your new journey, and belated congratulations on your retirement.
What a great time in your life. Enjoy!
Babs

Pat@BPM said...

Wishing you all the best in the New Year,Pat!

Martha said...

a Happy New Year to you and I do hope that we can get together again in 2013! I like the changes that you've done On Crooked Creek.

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

I look forward to your new posts in the coming year. It does feel wonderful to have a ton of purging and clearing done. I did some, but really need to do more. I hope you have a very Blessed, Prosperous and healthy New Year. Hugs, Marty

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

Looking forward to the fun that 2013 has in store for us Pat! So happy to have met you this year!!!

Ann @ Corner of Plaid and Paisley said...

Isn't it nice to start out the New Year a little lighter and with things in order!?! The best to you in 2013!