The simple pleasures of home shine brighter
when the spirit of God intertwines our hearts
with His gentle Joy.

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

German Chocolate Cake. . .

Following Thanksgiving. . .
                                                 is "Mr. Ed's" Birthday ! ! !




"Mr. Ed's" favorite cake is . . .
German Chocolate Cake !
 
 
 
 
Baking a cake sounds simple enough, right ? ? ?
 

W R O N G ! ! !
You see, ladies,
Home Economics was my WORST subject in School!
 
 
 
 
I'm the P I E  B A K E R in our family ! ! !
Many years, I've baked "Mr. Ed" a Pecan Pie (his other favorite)
for his birthday. . .the last time I made him a
GermanChocolate Cake for his birthday. . .
it looked like it had a H U G E tumor on one side !
 
This year, I was determined to try, try again !
I found the idea for this double frosting
German Chocolate Cake
in a back issue of Paula Deen's Magazine.
 
 
Tip:
I used a boxed cake mix,
a container of milk chocolate frosting,
a container of German Chocolate Frosting
and Pecan halves !
 
Instead of following her reciepe. . .
I follwed her decorating of the German Chocolate Cake ! ! !
 
 
 
 
Tip:
First, I filled 6 cupcakes in a muffin pan !
Then I filled the cake pans !
*** The results. . .no tumor appearance
from over~filled cake pans ! ! ! ***
 
 
"Mr. Ed" giggled and smiled
when he saw these little individual cupcakes!


 
 
Each of these cupcakes
were individually iced, then sprinkled with pecans on top.
 
 
 
 
On Crooked Creek. . .
                                         that smile is  p r i c e l e s s  to me ! ! !
 
 
Until next time. . .



www.stonegable.blogspot.com

On Crooked Creek is joining our creative and informative hostess,
Yvonne @ StoneGable for Tutorial Tips and Tidbits ! Be sure to visit for amazing ideas for your own home.

7 comments:

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

Awwww, Pat! Look how happy Mr. Ed looks!!!! Happy birtday, Mr. Ed!!!
Thanks for sharing your pretty cake at TUTORIALS TIPS AND TIDBITS! I wish I had ANY kind of natural baking skills!

podso said...

Great idea about the cupcakes. And you do have a gingerbread collection! How fun.

Marigene said...

Happy Birthday, 39th Mr. Ed! The cake looks delicious.

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh my word, your cake looks amazing and I can't believe the little cupcakes too. Such great tips. Happy Birthday to Mr. Ed. Hugs, Marty

Pinky at Designs by Pinky said...

Your sweet Mr. Ed lookes so happy and content! You are very good to him. I NEVER bake a thing because Joe never eats sweets so I would be the only oneeating them! When I BUY something I now share it with my neighbor. She has a son with a good appetite:). Have a great weekend. XO, Pinky HAPPY BIRTHDAY again to Mr. Ed!!!

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

Hi Pat, Happy belated birthday to Mr Ed. The cake looks yummy and I bet he loved every bite.

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Happy belated birthday to Mr.Ed! He looks so happy after looking and having a piece of that gorgeous German choc cake, wow! I want a piece too..pretty pleaseeee.. Everything else looks yummy too..gosh I love other people's birthdays and b'day cakes too, lol! Thanks for dropping by my house..and by the way, I love your new pic, you look so pretty. I too have a new pic, hahaha Happy holidays!
FABBY