The simple pleasures of home shine brighter
when the spirit of God intertwines our hearts
with His gentle Joy.

Monday, December 31, 2012

Winter Blends!

Once the really cold temperatures arrive On Crooked Creek ~
it's time for Winter blends!



Winter blends!
Not only for the blending of decor accessories as shown here,


but in the change of our hot, steaming mugs of coffee, cocoas
and teas consumed with the chill in the weather!


Once I removed all of the Christmas decor
from the built~in china cabinet,
I began to think. . .
 what would "I" like to see in this space?
       How will "I" use this space in 2013?



When I purchased these vintage rose etched glasses,
I knew they would be something that I wanted to view everyday!



In my mind's eye,
this narrowly built space m u s t have been built
with stemware in mind.



The upper shelf
is the only shelf
with height to accommodate a dinner plate or serving tray.



Blending silver trays, a creamy ivory serving platter
and cut crystal glass seemed the proper mix of accessories.




The lowest shelf
will accommodate a small dinner plate, dessert / salad plates
cups, saucers and a host of other serving pieces.



Sweetly mixing my need for warm,
comforting blends of drink choices,
I chose this shelf for the over~size cups and saucers
from my everyday whites.



Winter blends!
Creamy ivory, crystal ~ be it cut or etched,
silver and white add a touch of calm during the storms of Winter.



Cranberry Orange Tea, Creme Brulee Coffee,
Double Mocha Cappuccino for "Mr. Ed"
and French Vanilla Cappuccino for me
are the blends that replace our regular Colombian Blend Coffee
during the Winter months On Crooked Creek.




Winter blends!
Traditional Winter blends.
Streamlined to bring tranquility.




On Crooked Creek
the weather forecasters are predicting snow!
A Wintery blend of snow and ice
with accumulations of 3 inches.
Come, let me serve you your choice of Winter blend ~
Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow !


Until next time. . .


www.betweennapsontheporch.net


On Crooked Creek
is joining dear hostess Susan @ Between Naps On The Porch 
for Metamorphosis Monday! Be sure to visit for inspirational
make~overs throughout the Land of Blog!

11 comments:

Marigene said...

I ♥ the way your cabinet looks. The vases look so nice against the silver tray. Those reticulated plates are so pretty.
Happy New Year, Pat.

podso said...

Enjoy all your winter white and glassware! You are always inspiring! Hope you are completely well by now and blessings in the new year!

Linda Stinnett said...

Great reminder to enjoy winter!

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

Just started snowing here! You must be sending it my way.
I love the white and silver together. AND those rose etched glasses are beautiful..I would want to see them all day too!
Like the clean look after Christmas.
Happy New Year to you and Mr Ed my dear friend!

Dewena said...

You certainly accomplished your goal to give your eyes, and ours, a spot to look at to face winter's storms with a calm spirit. I would want to look at and use those lovely rose etched glasses often. A beautiful mix of the silver and white and clear with that pretty floral pattern behind them.

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Gorgeous. I love your new vignettes and displays. So beautiful. Happy New Year. Hugs, marty

NanaDiana said...

Pat-Your winter blends are beautiful. I REALLY love the floral on the inside of your cabinet/hutch. It really makes the white pop! Happy new Year to you- xo Diana

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

Such a pretty combination! Love the white dishes and your gorgeous rose crystal. I don't want it to last too long, but we're enjoying the coziness of cold weather too! Thanks so much for all your lovely visits this year. Have a wonderful 2013!

Donna, The Decorated House said...

Hello Dear Pat~
As I play a little catch up with you today, it is such a treat! Loved your beautiful Christmas table, and also the perfect pairing of you lovely silver pieces with white! So pretty.
Wishing you the Happiest New Year full of Perfect Health & All Things Good to You!

Ann from On Sutton Place said...

This is perfect for neutralizing things after the holidays. Great inspiration...wishing you a Happy New Year!

Pinky at Designs by Pinky said...

OH!!! Cranberry orange tea sounds wonderful!! I must look for that. The hutch looks so beautiful and calming. I love those etched glasses, they were a beautiful find. Wishing you the very best in 2013 and many blessings. XO, Pinky