The simple pleasures of home shine brighter
when the spirit of God intertwines our hearts
with His gentle Joy.

Monday, April 22, 2013

Pretty Peat Pots!

When it's time to divine those plants from your Garden 
or begin some Garden seeds anew,
why not 'pretty~up' your peat pots? ? ?


Before. . . 

These plain 3~inch peat pots 
were purchased at our local Wal~Mart.


. . .After!

Wanting to set a unique presentation display 
for my upcoming talk on Herbs~Edible Plants,(here) 
I remembered some adorable Easter decorations
made by Donna @ The Decorated House(here).


* * * * * * * Tutorial * * * * * * *
I began by painting the peat pots 
with various shades of creamy ivory and soft muted gray.
Some of the coffee filters 
were dipped to tip the tops for a finished appeal.



Once the paint and coffee filters were dried,
I folded a coffee filter in half.



I remember very little from Home Economics 101,
but did some cutting to ease the ruffle of the coffee filter
to better fit the peat pot!





When I had determined the correct size needed,
I removed the remainder of the coffee filter 
and hot glued into place.



Embellishing with  some satin ruffled sage green ribbon
to mimic the coffee filter ruffle gives a finished look to one set.




The next set of five gray peat pots 
needed to harmonize with the chosen color palette 
for my presentation.





Black and white gingham checked ribbon
accentuates the green herb seed packets rather nicely!


Although my presentation for my circle group was Herbs,
I chose to decorate a few pots with flower seeds, as well.




In preparation for an upcoming Tea On Crooked Creek,
I chose a feminine color palette of creamy ivory, green and pink.



To creamy ivory peat pots,
I added chartreuse with white polka dot grosgrain ribbon,
then hot glue a taupe and white vintage button in the center.

My choice of  Zinna flower seed hues are
Envy (chartreuse), Purity (creamy ivory) 
and Dahlia Purple (Pink).






* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Most all the supplies were already "on~hand".
My only expense ~ less than $2  for the each package of peat pots!

Amazing what a few packets of seeds,
some inexpensive peat pots splashed 
with paint and embellishments in an afternoon 
can do to transform your Garden or dining table 
into a work of Art!


Until next time. . .


On Crooked Creek will be joining

www.stonegable.blog.com

4 comments:

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh my word, these are totally amazing. What a creative and clever idea. Love it. Hugs, Marty

podso said...

Thrifty and so creative and just beautiful! What a way you have Pat! I also enjoyed viewing your recent green and white tables cape.

Dewena said...

These would make such nice party favors at ladies' luncheons or Mother-Daughter banquets coming up. I noticed them in your post about the herb presentation you gave your club and it reminded me so much of the days when my husband owned a garden center. He was invited so many times over the years to speak to garden clubs in Nashville and the ladies seemed to love the favors he'd gather up around the garden center to give to them. They would have really loved something like your little peat pots prettied up!

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

Pat, those just turned out so very cute! That would be such a nice simple gift to give.