The simple pleasures of home shine brighter
when the spirit of God intertwines our hearts
with His gentle Joy.

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Updating the West Wing!

JUST A NOTE:
I really haven't been putting up Christmas Trees On Crooked Creek...NOT yet! What you've been seeing is a BIG BLUNDER on my part. In updating and adding labels to my post, I somehow managed to publish LAST YEAR'S Christmas post. You WONDERFUL  Blog Land ladies never missed a beat. . .I've received several NEW comments! Thank you for being LOYAL followers!!! True friends to the end! Here's what I've been working on. . .

Dear Ones,

I can hardly believe that we have been On Crooked Creek for nearly 10 years. . .where does time go? As many of you are familiar, "Mr. Ed" and I live in a 1970's Ranch Style home on the  South Central Western Prairie. Upon arrival, we worked non~stop for three years updating and renovating a "good bones" house to make it into our home.

Last  April, while preparing for our dinner group, as I was dusting the galley shelves in The West Wing hallway. . .disaster struck. Literally. Three long galley shelves, housing our son and daughter~ in~ laws wedding photos, came crashing down on my toes!!! Needless to say those shelves were destroyed; however, we were able to repair the frames. . .my toes, also, survived.




After "Mr. Ed" repaired the huge holes in the wall, we rehung three photos. Those have remained the only three photos on the wall for well over a year in our West Wing. During the summer months, when the extreme heat draws us indoors,  "Mr. Ed" and I concentrate on interior decor and updating areas of our home.

Wanting to add a more personal  interest to the West Wing. . .I began re~arranging  the wedding photos. First, I laid them out on the bed. After several trial ~ and ~ error layouts, I finally achieved the arrangement that worked best in the limited space.




I adore the look! It makes me smile each and every time I pass through the West Wing! Remembrances of that wonderful day 10 years ago, when we gained a new member in our family, flood over me with such joy!







Sharing their vows . . sealed with a kiss. . . and now as Mr. and Mrs.




          Supported by family. . .

                                                            and friends!!!





                                                                   . . . may their love know no end!!!



I want to thank my dear blog friend, Marty, from A Stroll Thru Life for inspiring me to get those photos out of the closet and back up on the wall!!! You can admire her decorating talents and gain inspiration for your own home at... http://astrollthrulife.blogspot.com/2011/06/using-art-mirrors-in-your-decor.html . . .

 http://www.astrollthrulife.blogspot.com/






"Mr. Ed" and I still have the largest wall of the West Wing hallway to complete. We are working on a plan to showcase the heritage of our families. Still a work in progress...we are gathering our photos and collaborating ideas. Be sure to keep watching for the Reveal On Crooked Creek in the near future!


Until next time. . .



On Crooked Creek will be joining our dear hostess, Susan @ Between Naps On The Porch for Metamorphosis Monday! If it's inspiration for your own home you're craving, be sure to visit and see all the fabulous ideas the Blog Land ladies have for your viewing pleasure!

7 comments:

Martha said...

It is nice to have family photos out -- I was glad when that decorating trend (of not having family photos showing) went by the wayside!

You did a great job with your wall!

Pinky at Designs by Pinky said...

Aren't wedding pictures the BEST!!!??? Our daughter just got married this past Sept. and I have wedding pictures all over the house! It was a day I will NEVER, ever forget! What a joyful day! I am so glad you got your pictures out and back up on the wall. XO, Pinky

Babs said...

Pat, It's so nice to have a place or places for family photos. It looks like you have the perfect spot. I don't have a West Wing, so mine are usually going up the stairs or on a wall in the family room. Thanks for sharing your family,
Babs

Handy Man, Crafty Woman said...

very nice! It looks great! I am working on a wall in our stairway. I need more frames.

Allison Shops said...

Lovely pictures, they should be enjoyed daily! DD2 has a picture wall in her living room - it's linked in the nursery post.
Dropping by from Met Monday. I hope you'll come see the nursery I helped create for my first grandchild.

Allison
Atticmag

Kelsie - MGD said...

The new arrangement looks lovely and I am so glad you get to enjoy them all over again each time to walk thru the west wing...

I have an almost complete family gallery in our hallway also...I need to purchase more frames and print more photos to finish the job.

Blessings Kelsie

Anonymous said...

Hi Pat! Oh, I'm so sorry to hear about your wall incident! Glad your tiny toes didn't get broken!
I love your beautiful photo arrangement and what lovely wedding snaps to see each day.
Thank you so much for popping in to see me and your kind comments.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)