The simple pleasures of home shine brighter
when the spirit of God intertwines our hearts
with His gentle Joy.

Sunday, July 31, 2011

What's On The Menu? 4

What's On The Menu 4 us On Crooked Creek? ? ?

Homemade Italian Vegetable Soup!




I often order the minestrone soup @ Olive Garden, which also happens to be my favorite restaurant! But, until ours is built nearer to home, I've managed to come up with a compatible Homemade Italian Vegetable Soup. Yes, dear ones, I know that we've been experiencing triple digits for 34 days. . . but sometimes I need a H O T meal!


I always start with the freshest vegetables I can find at our local grocery. Cabbage, carrots, celery, onion and zucchini.



Add one can of cannellini beans and one can diced tomatoes .



Chop and saute the celery and onion .
Chop all the remaining vegetables and add to the pot with freshly ground black pepper, basil, parsley, and sea salt to taste.




Add the canned diced tomatoes , 4 cups of water and bring to a boil over medium high heat. Let the vegetables boil for about  7 ~ 10 minutes.





Reduce heat, cover and simmer on low for 20 ~ 30 minutes.



Add the drained cannellini beans and heat thoroughly.



Generously ladle into soup bowls and serve as an appetizer, first course or main meal!



I do believe the construction crew broke ground just this week for our very own Olive Garden! But until then, On Crooked Creek will suffice with our version of Homemade Italian Vegetable Soup!


Until next time. . .



http://www.stonegable.blogspot.com/

On Crooked Creek is joining our gracious hostess Yvonne @ StoneGable for  On The Menu Monday!Be sure to visit Yvonne and be inspired to whip up something nutritional for your family's menu!!!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your Italian Veg Soup looks so good. I have kept this recipe to try soon. I love to make homemade soups. Thank you!!

I'm visiting through OTMM.

Babs said...

Yum Pat, that looks delicious even in the midst of summer. Your placemats and napkins are so pretty and the soup looks delicious in the blue-green bowls.
Thanks for making supper for us.
Babs

Lynn said...

This is one of my favorite soups! Love your pot too:@)

Pat@Back Porch Musings said...

Looks delish, Pat!

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

Pat,
This soup looks so delicious and hearty and soulful! What a great reicpe! I'll tuck this away and when we get a little further away from the blazing hot weather, I'll be sure to put this ON THE MENU MONDAY!
Thank you for joining us with your soup yumminess!
Yvonne

Martha said...

This looks really good. A bit of pesto is good in it as well!!!

Mary said...

This looks wonderful~ I'm looing forward to trying this when it's about 30 degrees cooler outside :-)

Pinky at Designs by Pinky said...

Pat this looks SO good. We love soups so I will save this! We eat ALOT of home made soups all Fall and Winter! Thanks for sharing this recipe! YOU set a lovely table, I was sadly lacking ion that department tonight!!!!! XO, Pinky

Pinky at Designs by Pinky said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Pinky at Designs by Pinky said...

Thanks so much for adding me to your list!

Alicia@ eco friendly homemaking said...

Oh now this is my kind of soup!! I am really looking forward to making this but I may have to wait for the temperatures to get a little cooler here!! Thanks so much for sharing your recipe it really does sound so delicious and I know will be a big hit with our family!

Miz Helen said...

Your soup looks delicious. Thanks for sharing and have a great week.
Miz Helen