The simple pleasures of home shine brighter
when the spirit of God intertwines our hearts
with His gentle Joy.

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Cup of Comfort. . .

One of the (many) reasons I choose to be unemployed,
by choice. . .is simply because I didn't have enough time with Him.



While I truly adore "Mr. Ed". . .
he is not the only him I needed to spend more time with each day!




A dear friend gifted me with the book, A Cup of Comfort Big Book of Prayer edited by Susan Townsend last December for my birthday!




Much like the winged angel in my snow globe. . .
I had leafed through the pages. . .
even read a few devotionals and scriptures!




There never seemed to be ample time to read the scripture, read the devotional, meditate on the written Word, and my prayer list.




Due to time constraints, I began to shy away from the meditation.
While I found the collection of stories comforting, I put the book away.




My first morning at home, I put the book on my side table.
Early morning "me time" has now become His time!




Powerful collection of inspiring stories, meditations, psalms and prayers all with scripture references on such topics as: Faith, Comfort, Gratitude, Family, Healing,  and Blessings.
All in the comfort of my own home!


Until next time. . .

FYI:
The book is now to the other side of the couch. . .
closer to the air conditioning vent with our ongoing heat wave on the Prairie!!!

7 comments:

Dotsie said...

Great post, Pat. I'm happy for your extra time. Sounds like you have your priorities in good order!

Pat@Back Porch Musings said...

An absolutely wonderful post and beautiful images, Pat!

Ann said...

The air conditioner hasn't stopped for a week now. I'm a Kansas blogger too and we set another record here today. Love that you can stay home and have time to do your daily meditation. I'm retired and love to be able to be home and have time to do what I love--blogging one of them.
Ann

Pinky at Designs by Pinky said...

Pat, just today I decided and actually wrote it down, that I wanted to get up earlier each day and have an hour to read: either literature from a group I belong to, or spiritual things or whatever I need that day. I hope I can discipline myself to do exactly that. I love your cozy spot. We are going back into the high 90's tomorrow and all weekend so I am NOT looking forward to that. XO, Pinky

Martha said...

What a wonderful post -- I started going to Ladies Bible Study as part of my Lenten "changes" -- and found I really enjoyed it and am going weekly now (even though Lent is obviously over!)

Donna, The Decorated House said...

What a different world we would have if we all could just stop for a few minutes each day to be in a quiet moment of silence, meditating, praying or just being at peace. It looks like the perfect place for just such moments.

I am hoping for you that you do have at least one beautiful bloom from your green envy zinnia. It will make you smile. I'm counting on that they just need a few more days to mature.

Loved you wreaths on the windows in your last post. So pretty!

Anonymous said...

Awww....Pat...so glad you are enjoying your gift of love! I hope you continue to be inspired and inspire others with what GOD is giving you! Love to you dear friend!