The simple pleasures of home shine brighter
when the spirit of God intertwines our hearts
with His gentle Joy.

Monday, July 23, 2012

Sunflower Cloche. . .

You have only to open my post to realize that. . .
                                    I  L O V E Sunflowers!



So~o~o. . .
when Marty @ A Stroll Thru Life stated she was hosting a Summer Cloche Party, I knew immediately that my entry would be a Sunflower Cloche!!!





On Crooked Creek has its very own Sunflower Patch!




"Mr. Ed" plants a variety of Sunflowers every May
...just for me!



My Christmas gift several years ago were these amazing faux wrought iron Sunflowers from Roadhouse Antiques! "Mr. Ed" places them in the Sunflower Patch while we await the anticipation of each years Sunflower crop!



At first, I thought "Mr. Ed" had mistakenly planted cabbage seeds in our Sunflower Patch! 


Turns out, he was trying a few newer varieties!



Notice the band of orange circling the center of this Sunflower?



New to On Crooked Creek's Sunflower Patch this variety is well liked by the butterflies and blends well with the other varieties!!!




Identicial blooms??? Perhaps!


We are continually a m a z e d at the volunteer Sunflowers that appear in out~of~the~ordinary places in the gardens
On Crooked Creek!



Love catching the bee extracting pollen from the heads!!!



Whether towering their heads high above the privacy fence to wave to people passing by. . .



or adorning simplistic vignettes, bringing joy to "Mr. Ed" and I. . .




one thing you can always count on . . . 
On Crooked Creek  Sunflowers  abound!!!


Until next time. . .

www.astrollthrulife.blogspot.com
On  Crooked Creek is joining our dear hostess, Marty @ A Stroll Thru Life for her Summer Cloche Party! Be sure to visit and see some a m a z i n g cloche ideas for your own home decor!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love sunflowers too,such a happy flower,yours are incredible,love the sunflower cloche!

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

I had to hop over from Marty's party the minute I saw this. I shared my cloches filled with sunflowers also. I too love the yellow beauties. This year all of mine are volunteers from last year. Some heads are not as large, but I am still having so much fun with them. I love the sunflowers in your garden and the faux ones are so cute! Now following you.
Hugs,
Jann

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Love, love, love sunflowers, so this is totally perfect to me. The base of your cloche is beautiful. Gorgeous vignette. Thanks so much for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

Olive said...

Your sunflower garden is beautiful. I just photographed about 3 acres of sunflowers in a field near our house. Not easy to do. I think individual heads of the flower make the prettier image. Under glass is pretty too-like yours here.

Babs said...

Your sunflowers are beautiful and the one is perfect under the cloche. I like the base of your cloche, too.
It all makes me wish I'd planted sunflowers this year.
Babs

Clara said...

I love your sunflowers and the base of your cloche.
~Clara

Unknown said...

Darling! I love sunflowers to. My hubby feeds the birds every now and then and I think they kind of plant themselves. They are always a sweet surprise! :)

~Liz

bj said...

Hi, sweet friend, I never see a sunflower that I don't think of you and your Mr. Ed. :))
hugs, bj

Martha said...

Sunflowers are lovely flowers -- ours are "gifts" from the birds! But precious all the same! Love your little cloche with the sunflower!

podso said...

It's so nice to see your sunflower patch, dear friend, and your green urns ... and your Christmas! Are you thinking about Christmas already? I think I read on fB that you were hosting Christmas this year (or was I dreaming?) so maybe you are thinking about it, as well as joining the Christmas party!